How to save/load a sample bank in TX16Wx?

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First post and I have a question here:
How do I save and load something that I would describe as a "sample bank" in TX16Wx?
I´m running Reaper as my DAW and the sampler as a MIDI instrument. I´m preparing to set up a project for my gig in two weeks. The Reaper project contains audio backing tracks, song by song, for the whole setlist.
Now I´d like to trigger my samples via TX16Wx (with my TFPro controller) and have the option to load up another set of new samples once the next song starts. I´ve tried to import and place my samples - that works. But when it comes to saving them as a "sample bank" I´m completely disoriented. Read thru the manual pdf but I cannot figure out if that´s a "performance" or a "bank" or whatever and I´m not able to achive what I want when I´m loading one of those after saving.
-What I want to achive is: import and place my samples in the sampler, adjust trigger mode for each sample and save this a a patch or bank or whatever. Then delete the samples / import new ones etc and save this as another patch or bank for a different song. Being able to switch and load for every song.

This software works really fine so far but this is something I´m not able to figure out alone or with the manual.
Any help? What should I do? Thanx in advance.

To paraphrase the manual; A bank is the complete state of the sampler. A performance is a single setup of slots and program assignments.
For your use case I'd recommend making a bank of the whole set you are gonna play, with each song being a separate performance (i.e. a set of slots and programs mapping the samples you want for this song). Then set program change mode to "performance", and you can switch between songs via MIDI program change from your controller, or record the program changes into the DAW project for the gig.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Thank you. Problem is: that´s the part I don´t understand about the software (and manual).
How do I save a bank of the whole set? Like if one song uses 4 samples and the next one uses 5 different samples etc? Same with saving a performance. I´ve read the manual several times and tried many times in the software but I´m never able to get the result and just switch thru a "sample bank".
If someone has an advice what my first step would be after loading up my samples, please let me know.
Thanx in advance.

If you are building the live set as a part of a reaper project, you don't really need to save it separately at all. The full state of the sampler is saved with the project.

To save a bank or performance, use the save icons/menu in the top left section of the UI. Here you can save either a .txbank (whole state) or .txperf (single performance).

To build a set of multiple performances inside your reaper project, just use "new performance" to add a new perf (for each song part). Switch using the top dropdown (and later MIDI program change).
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Thank you very much! Tried it and I´ve managed to save my sample banks and am able to change them during my performance. Loads up the next set of samples just what I´ve been looking for. Next thing I´ll try is switching them with MIDI from my controller but that´s another thread topic.

Return to “CWITEC”