Installing Tokyo Dawn Labs plugins

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://docs.tokyodawn.net/installing-a ... r-plugins/

In case of questions, please ask here.
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

That's a good, clear explanation. :)

I'm curious; I've not heard of these two default locations before:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\VST2

Are they used much?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

These are from Steinberg's page. I also wasn't aware of them, but Steinberg likely had software using them as default at some point.

So i'm a quick learner but this is stumping me.
I've downloaded Tokyo Dawn Labs NOVA for free....
I have a Mac Book Pro 2019
I get the set up with the 'drag and drop' install - none of the items drag into these files.
So I go to it manually. Where have I gone wrong?
1. Went to Macintosh HD
2. Went into library folder
3. Went into Audio folder
4. Went into Plug-Ins folder
I only find Components MAS RemoteInput and VST folders.
5. I drag the first file (TDR Nova.component ) into the components folder
6. I Drag the VST2 (TDR Nova.vst) into the VST folder
7. There is no VST3 folder ANYWHERE on my computer so I create one in the same space as VST.
8. I drag the VST3 (TDR Nova.vst3) into my new VST3 folder
9. I dont' have a AAX folder ANYWHERE so i create one in the same space. I then drag the TDR Nova.aaxplugin into my newly created AAX folder.

I restart my comuputer and go into garage band.
I find the plugin BUT....

Then get this message.

The Audio Unit “TDR Nova” could not be loaded for your project, and may need to be updated. Contact the manufacturer for an updated version or further assistance.

What am I doing wrong? :( :( :(

You're not doing wrong.

What is your macos version?

My mac is OS catalina, 10.15.3

I have a similar problem with Catalina. After the update, when I opened a Logic project, I got a message that Nova and SlickEQ couldn't be scanned for malware and may need to be updated. I went and downloaded them again and tried to reinstall them, but my AU folder wouldn't take them, so I deleted the old ones and tried again, but still no luck. Any Advice?

Yes we got similar reports over the last days, and Vlad already worked on a fix. We'll release an update asap.

Hello I am running Catalina 10.15.4 and Studio One 4. For some reason I can't get Kotelnikov GE VST2 to show up in my DAW. Both the AU and VST3 versions appeared right away, but the other VST version has not. I can see the file is present in the VST plugin folder, but it simply wont show up in my DAW. I've tried re-downloading and dragging the file to the correct folder again, I've reset my plugin blacklist, put it in a folder, rescanned my plugins, restarted my computer and my DAW, nothing seems to work.

I think Studio One automatically hides the VST2 if VST3 is present.

FabienTDR wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm I think Studio One automatically hides the VST2 if VST3 is present.
Actually it doesn't. You'd need to manually go in and hide them if you have both types installed.

FWIW, I've had no problems getting the TDR plugins to show up in Studio One Pro 4.6.

PS. Just popped in here to say I LOVE your plugins!

Hey I'm still having the described issue above for macOS 10.15.5 w Logic 10.5. I've followed the instructions and moved the files into the appropriate folders, but when I load logic, TDR Nova is nowhere to be found. Is there a resolution? Thanks!

Won't work on Big Sur/M1 yet?

TheHenchman wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:15 pm Won't work on Big Sur/M1 yet?
They work fine with Big Sur.

the molot family is already supporting native apple silicon. All other products run well in Rosetta mode right now, and we have an apple silicon specific all product update in late evaluation (release very soon).

This is the error I get
Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 1.56.06 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”