Every once in a while the new version of Nova GE causes my computer to freeze completely.

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm using OSX Mojave 10.14.2
Reaper 5.965/64
I tend to run my projects at 96k if that makes any difference. Also I use the openGl interface, not the software rendering one.
Currently using Nova GE 2.0.2

Okay so when I use Smart Ops and then click 'Learn' everything seems to work fine, but the longer I leave 'Learn' running before pressing 'Stop' the greater a chance there is of my computer freezing the very moment I press stop, and remaining, so frozen, until I force a restart. Nothing else has EVER done this and all versions of Nova GE 2 have done this more than once. I say "every once in a while" in the forum title but it happens almost every time I let it 'learn' for more than, idk, ~15-25 seconds.

I don't really get crash logs because the whole computer implodes simultaneously, so do you have some kind of debug version which … idk, dumps all the debug symbols to a text file in realtime so that you know roughly where it got stopped when you restart the computer next?

We'll try to reduce the timeouts, but this sound more like a bug somewhere in the optimizer code.
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Good luck. If there's anything else I can do, just say. You guys make wonderful plugins btw. i use them on every project.

SlickEQ M, Limiter 6 M, and DeEedger are my favourites, but Kotelnikov and Nova are both spectacular.

Hey guys. It actually managed to crash reaper without crashing my computer, this time. Idk if this helps, but here's the log.

https://pastebin.com/8GLNZ4mc

does "Graphics kernel error: 0xfffffffc" mean anything to you?

Do you have the openGL drawing mode enabled? Try turning it off, we'll get rid of it at some point anyway, with mac soon also dropping OpenGL alltogether.

Will ask Vlad to look out for the cause of the problem (he does the mac builds).
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Welp. That might've been it. Doesn't seem to be crashing any more.

FabienTDR wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:10 pm Do you have the openGL drawing mode enabled? Try turning it off, we'll get rid of it at some point anyway, with mac soon also dropping OpenGL alltogether.

Will ask Vlad to look out for the cause of the problem (he does the mac builds).
Will it be gone for Windows too, and are there any plans for a hardware drawing replacement?

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”