Weird thing about HPFs

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As many of you may already know HPFs and LPFs create a big phase shift, the steeper the slope, the bigger in degrees the shift is. Specifically 24dB filters make a 180°phase shift, basically a frequency dependent polarity flip button.

What I noticed today is that the 24dB filters on NOVA actually make my mix sound fuller and better when checking in Mono, shouldn't it be the other way around (mostly the second thing)? Is it because of the Chebishev II filters on NOVA or something else?

Are you using any of the "+" quality modes? (in previous versions, they were default, and could be turned off via "-" quality modes)

This could explain a better mono compatibility. But I don't see how the filters could do that (the effect is equal for L and R).
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

FabienTDR wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:41 pm Are you using any of the "+" quality modes? (in previous versions, they were default, and could be turned off via "-" quality modes)

This could explain a better mono compatibility. But I don't see how the filters could do that (the effect is equal for L and R).
No, I always use Precise as I preffer NOVA to stay as clean as possible.

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”