Limiter 6 GE LUFS Different to Logic Meter

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all,

If you have the time, take a look at this screenshot.

Plugin Chain - TDR Limiter 6 GE - Loudness Meter

As you can see, they both display different integrated values. Which one is correct? Or is it user error.. This is problematic as lately I've been aiming to master my voice overs to -15 LUFS (Youtube), if the Logic meter is off, then I'm going to clip my work getting the volume up.

PS- I used the reset button on both plugins.

What say ye?

Marcus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Limiter 6's Meter passes all official EBU r128 tests (https://tech.ebu.ch/publications/ebu_loudness_test_set). And we haven't hear many complains yet.

I'd first expect a user error, is "Pause" pressed maybe? Or does logic's meter maybe offer a way to turn off gating (Limiter 6 uses gating as recommended by the standard)?
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Pause was not pressed. I cannot tell you about gating, however the logic plugin is very simple and has no menus that I'm aware of. Interestingly, I downloaded a free loudness meter from HOFA and it matches Limiter 6 pretty closely. I think I'll stick to TDR for my loudness needs.

After reaching out to the Logic community, we discovered that TDR sums the mono signal to Dual Mono and Logics stock meter does not (when inserted on a mono channel strip). This was checked on the stereo out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Good find! We'll fix that asap. Seems we totally overlooked the mono case, of course we shouldn't turn the meter input into dual mono!
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”