TDR Nova spectrum analyzer lag (still happening in Nova 2.0)

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes, they all use exactly the same code.

I think we've found the root cause, a VU meter style smoothing that I totally forgot about lol. We'll try to get an update out asap.
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

FabienTDR wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:39 pm Yes, they all use exactly the same code.

I think we've found the root cause, a VU meter style smoothing that I totally forgot about lol. We'll try to get an update out asap.
Can't wait :)

That would be awesome :tu:

Is this update for Nova only or all plugins with this type of analysis?

FabienTDR wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:39 pm Yes, they all use exactly the same code.

Please keep the VU smoother response as an option, especially for SlickEQ M, as I always prefer a slower response for mastering.

omiroad wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:09 am Is this update for Nova only or all plugins with this type of analysis?
For all, once we release an update in a way or another.
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

This thread is now about 2.5 years old and the issue still remains...

Reefius wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:04 pm This thread is now about 2.5 years old and the issue still remains...
i believe the slickEQ 1.3 release is the start of addressing this issue ...

Yeah, there should be new bugfix/feature rollouts for all plugs soon.

I believe the new SlickEQ non-M still has lag to it.
Last edited by omiroad on Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I've gotten to a point where I wouldn't even bother to check it, even if the problem finally got fixed. When I started this thread I was looking for a dynamic EQ and would have purchased Nova GE immediately if the analyzer lag got fixed.
But since then Fabfilter released Pro Q3 and I now also have Izoptope Neutron, so I'm covered when it comes to dynamic EQ.

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”