TDR Nova spectrum analyzer lag (still happening in Nova 2.0)

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm having an issue with TDR Nova's spectrum analyzer, it reacts way too slow, about 0.5 seconds behind. So if I run a standard 4/4 kick + hihat beat, I see the kick sound when I hear the hihat and vice versa. This is very annoying, especially when using the sidechain function.

I already tried changing the graphics setting beween software and OpenGL but that doesn't change anything.

Is there any way to fix this? I'm running Windows 10 x64 with onboard graphics (Intel 2500). I don't have this issue with any other spectrum analyzer, only with TDR Nova.
Last edited by Reefius on Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Am I really the only one having this issue?

The lag is primarily defined by the audio buffer size and in extreme cases by your system's GFX performance, but I haven't observed any obvious lag or issues with it yet. Nova is generally pretty demanding, though, I imagine that a system with basic on board GFX could suffer.

Do you get this behaviour in all plugin hosts? Is this the only plugin open at that time or does it begin after having opened a number of instances?
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Yes I get this behaviour in all hosts, even when it's the only open plugin. Like I said, all other spectrum analyzers (like Fabfilter Pro Q2, Voxengo SPAN, or even DAW built-in analyzers) have no lag.
It doesn't look like the graphics suffer, it's more like there's a 500 millisecond delay between the sound and the graphics. It is not stuttering at all.

I confirmed this issue after you posted (serious lag in the analyzer), forgot to report here. However, I checked it again now in an empty project, and the issue is not there- there's something affecting the analyzer update speed, I'll try to do some more testing this evening.

Same issue here on a Macbook Pro, Reaper, Live, Renoise etc. Latest Sierra OS.

SIR Audio Tools SpectrumAnalyzer and Izotope Insight inserted after on the same channel is bang on while TDRNova GE is lagging approximately 0.5s

Many thanks for the details guys, we're currently taking a closer look at the problem.

Good to know I'm not the only one having this issue ;)

I figured I would chime in. I am having the same delay issue and am running Nova (free version) on FL Studio 12 and MPC Software 2.0 on two Windows 10 Pro 64bit computers.

Got myself an nVidia GeForce GT 710 and the lag is still the same. Any news on this issue?

We're currently reworking UI code for SlickEQ M and Nova. It could then well solve the issue, but I cannot say much yet without really testing first.

Can we expect to see the gui update at a higher refresh rate as well due to the GUI rework? It looks quite good for Neutron 2's dynamic EQ bands and analyzer.

It's been over a year since I created this thread, issue still remains...

Oh yes, we substantially improved (and probably solved) our UI performance issue already. But have a few more things on our todo that we want to complete first (different UI scales, a new Smart Action interface and tons of bugs fixes over all products). SlickEQ M first, later the Nova family. In all cases, we have major updates in the works.

Fancy teasing us with a screen shot? :lol:

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”