TDR NOVA 2 Bug Thread

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
RELATED
PRODUCTS

FabienTDR wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:21 am redownload the last installers and run them again. We pushed a hotfix a few hours ago, but without changing version.
What was the bug about?

And extremely annoying problem related to plugin controls going crazy. Stupid mistake from our side.
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Hello

There is still a problem in the Nova GE with the SC button.
When copy/paste the effect or when closing the DAW and reopening the project, the SC button is disabled and the settings of the side chain are the same again as the ones of the band. So it doesn't seem to save properly the settings of the SC.
( I use Reaper 5.963, WIndows 7 32Bit)

Is this fixable, please?

Thanx a lot, I love your Everything Bundle!

FabienTDR wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:21 am redownload the last installers and run them again. We pushed a hotfix a few hours ago, but without changing version.
Would you be able to at least append an a or b at the end of the version number when you push these hotfixes? I downloaded it around the same time the hotfix was pushed but don't know for certain which one I have. A simple 2.01a or 2.01b would clarify.

Oh sorry for that. That point behind the silent updates is about preventing next downloads to contain the problem, and give us some time to work and test a proper update. Version 2.0.2 is out. :)

Hi

I'm afraid opening a project that previously had nova v1.2.1 with a user preset loaded still recalls a wrong preset on v2.0.2.

oh thanks for that detail (recalling a session using a user preset). Is this AAX?

FabienTDR wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:28 pm oh thanks for that detail (recalling a session using a user preset). Is this AAX?
It's VST 64 bit on windows

heavymetalmixer wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:25 am Btw, I noticed that now the Split button changed to "WB" and stays off, basically being the opposite to Split. Still, in the manual Spit is mentioned even though WB is shown in the pics. That could be confusing to new users.
this is definitely confusing. I actually found this post by searching for the Split being replaced with the WB (Wide Band) button\function. This is my first time using TDR Nova and actually my first time side chaining external 3rd party devices in my DAW (Ableton). I picked it up after watching a few professional producers I follow using it to SC kicks to the sub bass. They all had the Split setting lit up, and with the now WB and Split gone I wasn't sure if I should be keeping the WB lit up blue for best functionality, or not.

So i guess my long winded question is "Is the WB setting the same as the Split setting? If not, what's the difference and how should I set it up to function like the original Split setting does?"

it's the same function, we just flipped the meaning around (I think it's now much easier to understand).

FabienTDR wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:00 am it's the same function, we just flipped the meaning around (I think it's now much easier to understand).
cool thanks. so i take it with WB turned off it functions the same as Split being turned on? So as to only effect the selected band and have it's open independent controls... sorry, i'm kinda new and just wanna be sure.

Not sure if this is a bug or I didn't understand how it works.
Quoting the manual:
SC (Band SC unlink button)
By default, each band’s sidechain bandpass is equal to the band’s own bandpass (e.g. expansion of the high
frequencies in dependence of mid frequency events, etc).
When unlinked, two new sidechain specific text-sliders appear under the FREQ and Q controls offering
independent control. Note that when unlinked, the SC bandpass always utilizes a bell shape, no matter band’s own shape.
But if i have, as an example, a band set as low-shelf and i click on the "SC" button, I'm seeing a blue line low-shelf (with control on frequency and q value), not a bell shape as I'm reading in the manual.
As a matter of fact I was trying exactly this but I can't get the bell shape for the sidechain.

Nova 2.0.2
Reaper x64
Windows7

Is it normal? Is it just a visualization thing showing a shelf but an actual bell is active on the SC?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

where to find this tdr nova. conf? i have aax recall problems

I just noticed that custom snap points for bandSCFreq_n and bandSCQ_n in TDR Nova GE.conf appear to be ignored. (Incidentally the bug report page on your site doesn't seem to be working.)

I will ask here since I don't know if it's a bug or an intented behavior:
Why does NOVA 2 use so much CPU when doping only static EQ moves? I mean, not a single band using a compressor, not even the wide band. Does the oversampling in NOVA use that much? (0.6% on AMD FX-6100 while ReaEQ uses 0.01% and Lkjb TinyQ 0.04%).

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”