TDR NOVA 2 Bug Thread

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Given that this new version could have some bugs, I'm opening this thread so all the bugs are mentioned here, instead of people opening a new thread for every single bug they find.

I'll start with this:
While having the plugin on Int SC, Stereo and Precise (and playing), if I press Display to turn it OFF, and then again to turn it ON the blue frequency spectrum dissapears and won't appear again no matter how many times I press the Display button again.

Great idea!

About the Display, note that the analyzer is now controlled from the 4 blue buttons top right in the display.

The Display Button collapses the UI, and turns off the analyzer. When you open it again, it doesn't turn it on again. I'll fix it, though.
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

FabienTDR wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:45 am Great idea!

About the Display, note that the analyzer is now controlled from the 4 blue buttons top right in the display.

The Display Button collapses the UI, and turns off the analyzer. When you open it again, it doesn't turn it on again. I'll fix it, though.
I feel dumb for not noticing that after Display is ON again I need to manually set what frequency spectrum I want. Still, having it go back to what it had would be nice :D

the initial state isn't memorized, that's definitely a bug. Any following clicks then get memorized as they should.

Btw, I noticed that now the Split button changed to "WB" and stays off, basically being the opposite to Split. Still, in the manual Spit is mentioned even though WB is shown in the pics. That could be confusing to new users.

Good find!

Nova 2 freezes Cubase (v9.5 & v10).
Look at this topic: viewtopic.php?f=210&t=514484&sid=9994d4 ... a18866a561

Hi there,

the selected user-config-preset is not memorized in Nova 2.0, when I open a project where I used and configured the version 1.2.1. I use Cubase 9.5.41.

For example:

I used my own preset "xyz" with 1.2.1 in a project.
After opening the project with 2.0 the preset switches to "wideband upward compressor" and the settings are gone. If I select the preset "xyz" the settings are there again.

I guess maybe because there are more presets in ver 2.0 there is a "shift" in selecting the user-made presets, that are listed after the factory presets.

Please check this out.
In Fine Mundi | Warm floating soundscapes for relaxation and meditation, aimed to send a pleasant shiver down your spine | https://infinemundi.bandcamp.com/

Oh good find, we'll double check

Hi TDR

Could it be that the updated version (2.0.1) of Nova 2 Free 32 bit in the no installer zip is still version 2.0.0 ?
The 64 bit version is O.K. namely 2.0.1.

Greetings.

Yes. :) Try again pls

Yes its 2.0.1. now !

Thank You.

InFineMundi wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:48 pm Hi there,

the selected user-config-preset is not memorized in Nova 2.0, when I open a project where I used and configured the version 1.2.1. I use Cubase 9.5.41.

For example:

I used my own preset "xyz" with 1.2.1 in a project.
After opening the project with 2.0 the preset switches to "wideband upward compressor" and the settings are gone. If I select the preset "xyz" the settings are there again.

I guess maybe because there are more presets in ver 2.0 there is a "shift" in selecting the user-made presets, that are listed after the factory presets.

Please check this out.
Hi

Are you working on a fix for this issue? At least here it's not working yet. I'm using 64bit vst on windows.

Here's a couple screenshots from same project and same instance of Nova opened with v1 and v2.

Nova v1
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hPUXi6 ... sp=sharing

Nova v2
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UMdIxn ... sp=sharing

So the preset changes in v2. The issue is quite critical for me, since i've modified the user preset (they are only starting points for me) and simply loading the same preset in v2 won't give me the same result I had on the track before.

Hope we get this sorted, thanks! :)

And this is with v1.2.1 and v2.0.1 to be exact

redownload the last installers and run them again. We pushed a hotfix a few hours ago, but without changing version.

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”