The future for Anomaly....

Official support for: westgatesounds.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Anomaly series of soundsets now sits at 24 individual volumes. It has grown organically over the almost 10 years I have been doing this.

It is time to consolidate most of these volumes into one huge soundset.

This will probably take me quite some time to do.

First, I have upgraded to Kontakt 5 and am learning about scripting. That is going to take a lot of time right there....

Once I am able to make a GUI I am happy with in Kontakt and learn how to make it work, then I have to sort through all of the sounds from each volume, check them all against each other to make sure they are volume balanced with each other, sort them into some form of categories and finally make all new presets.

Then I have to do the same thing with the Anomaly VSTi.

This way these two instruments will be sharing the same base soundset.

After that I have to decide what to do for Absynth, Dimension Pro and Rapture.

More to come.....

I may need one or two people to test this out in the not too distant future....

Alternate skins for the Kontakt 5 version.....

These are held in different .nkr files that you can load from the Instrument Options tab.

The skin will either change after you save and re-open the .nki file or if you want it to change right away,, go into the Script Editor tab, go to the fourth page (the About page - chosen because it has little on it) and hit the apply button on the right. This re-initiates the script on the "About" page and also causes the wallpaper to load from the new .nkr.....

I would prefer for the wallpaper to change when you select a different .nkr file but this is the best work-around I could come up with.....

Started compiling Volumes VII through XXII into one soundset.

What I have right now is a 6.4 Gb folder with the following sub-folders:

Darkness
Disturbances
Enochian
Morphing Pads
Rain and Thunder
Shadows
Spirits
The Asylum
The Nightmare Factory
Voices
Wasteland

Next comes sorting out the duplicate sound names and then some kind of final sorting into named folders.

Any suggestions for folder names?

dnekm wrote:After that I have to decide what to do for Absynth, Dimension Pro and Rapture.

More to come.....
Hi Daniel , speaking as customer which have bought alot from you , i do like the way before as Multiformat including Absynth , Dimension Pro , Rapture , Wusikstation with included sfz format .

as many Sample Player and some synths can handle sfz format .

if it would be goes to Kontakt only i would needs to pass and move on . on the other Hand Kontakt are Industry Standard and many People using it .

don´t get me wrong , just speaking about myselves , i dont know what other customer says about .

Thanks for the reply.... :)

The sounds will always stay as SFZ/WAV files. It is just the handling of all of the different Volumes that is cumbersome.

I want to take what I can distribute from the first 22 Volumes and put them all together as one huge package.

the Anomaly VSTi will also cover Wusik 6/7

Kontakt support will no longer be at V2 but at V5.5.2

Absynth, I am thinking of dropping support for versions 3 and 4 and staying with V5.

That leaves Dimension Pro and Rapture. Keep them as they are or upgrade to Rapture Pro?

The sound base for each instrument would be the same set of files. The only differences would be the presets.

There would still be a crossgrade path....

This will probably take me about a year to do.

Lots of time to make decisions....

that are indeed good news , maybe i have understand it wrong on the first post .

again persoanl speaking , i use myselves Absynth 5 , Wusik 7/8 , and indeed i´m using Rapture Pro too .

i like the sfz way as i could open them within the free Beat Magazine Zampler RX , DiscoDSP Bliss , Plogue sforzando , CWI TX16Wx Free or Pro , and also within UVI Falcon which i also use . it depends on projects and how i feel which of those Sample Player / Workstations i use .

thats the reason why i like those Multiformats / sfz options .

just read and heard that UVI have search for an freelance Sounddesigner . mostly i use Falcon at the moment but as i said it depends on the projects .

again dont get me wrong , its just personal speaking .

one year , omg , that are an hell of work and time expensive to do so .

Glad to hear you actually use the SFZ/WAV sounds in other instruments.... :D

That is kind of the whole idea with having the sounds as SFZ/WAV files in the first place.

A year is my guess as of now, the beginnings of doing this. I have already spent a month learning about Kontakt scripting to make the GUI for the Kontakt version.

Sorting all of the sounds will take some time. And then volume balancing them all with each other so they sit well together. That will take more time.

What will take the most time is making all new presets using all of the sounds with each other.

What do you think of Rapture Pro?

DrumAddict wrote:that are indeed good news , maybe i have understand it wrong on the first post .

again persoanl speaking , i use myselves Absynth 5 , Wusik 7/8 , and indeed i´m using Rapture Pro too .

i like the sfz way as i could open them within the free Beat Magazine Zampler RX , DiscoDSP Bliss , Plogue sforzando , CWI TX16Wx Free or Pro , and also within UVI Falcon which i also use . it depends on projects and how i feel which of those Sample Player / Workstations i use .

thats the reason why i like those Multiformats / sfz options .

just read and heard that UVI have search for an freelance Sounddesigner . mostly i use Falcon at the moment but as i said it depends on the projects .

again dont get me wrong , its just personal speaking .

one year , omg , that are an hell of work and time expensive to do so .
I agree. I look forward to the Kontakt 5 upgrades and will enjoy the new scripting and sound mangling options. And I still love the multi format approach. I use SFZ/Wav all the time in many of those same samplers. I am still using Wusikstation 8 and 8000. I also have a lot invested into Rapture and don't see myself upgrading to Rapture Pro for some time if ever. :)

At some point I may have to make a poll to see how many people still use Dimension Pro and/or Rapture and how many moved on to Rapture Pro.

I am pretty sure the Dimension Pro and Rapture presets work in Rapture Pro. So in that instance it may be beneficial to keep those two as legacy instruments....

One other thing I am going to do with this compiling of all the soundsets is that each folder will get a .text file that will have the loop points for each sound for those who want to make their own presets in Absynth. You still have to enter loop points manually in Absynth......

Update:

I have, barring any bugs in the script files, arrived at the final form of Anomaly Vol. 1 for Kontakt.

Now I can go back to work compiling all of the sounds together.

Here are some screenshots:

Now I just need a few people who have Kontakt 5.52 or greater to test this out....

Started working on a page for info about the 10th Anniversary of Anomaly. Some early audio demos are up....

http://westgatesounds.net/Anomaly/

Updated the very early audio demos on the page in the link above.....

Updated progress report and more early, early audio demos.....

Updated page and more audio demos....

Return to “Westgatesounds.net”