Free presets for Iris 2

Official support for: westgatesounds.net
RELATED
PRODUCTS

File updated, 2 new presets added using Iris 2 stock sounds....

Updated again. Now 15 presets using stock sounds and 20 in the HGF-dnekm folder. The last two I added with the stock sounds are a little weird....

Now 17 presets using stock sounds and 20 using the HGFortune Memorial soundset....

There are now 20 presets that use the stock sounds and 20 that use the HGF Memorial sounds.

http://westgatesounds.net/Iris2/index.html

I never do this - but after working with Iris 2 for Spectral Anomaly for a while now - I decided to put up audio demos for my free presets for Iris 2..... Call it a whim.... :D

Are these still there, dnekm?

Yes, they have been moved to the Free Presets page....

http://westgatesounds.net/free/index.html

Thanks, will try 'em out :tu:

Seems like Iris 2 patches can only be shared if you "export" each one of them (did you find another way to share sounds?).
Unfortunately, if you want to use the same sample more than one time, you have to export and save it again and again each time you use it... (?!?) This can result in a non-sense-oversized user folder.

I also wanted to share some free Iris 2 sounds, but 30 patches became so unreasonably huge-sized, it made no sense to share them... Maybe iZotpe could fix this, giving us the possibilities to save sample paths in a more rational way (e.g. as in Kontakt).

Iris 2 requires a dedicated Iris 2 sample folder.

For me, it is:

F:\Sound Samples\Anomaly DATA\Soundsets\Izotope\Iris 2\Iris 2 Library

which holds two subfolders:

Patches
Samples

You can just save the presets and they will draw their sounds from the Samples folder and sub-folders. Just make sure the sounds are located there first.

If they are your own sounds - move the folder containing them to the Iris 2 Samples folder.

Having desired Iris2 for a long time, finally took advantage of the xlnt PluginBoutique deal! :)

OK, so amazing toy, buuuuuuuuut...

The shortcomings of Iris2 are already pretty apparent, there is no 'sample management' much to speak of at all, you end up (at least in the default mac osx locations) wasting a LOT of extra uncess clicks!

Not much f point in drag and drop when to recall samples, the only safe place is the default locations - its too easy to lose track of the original audio content, and makes it a PIA to share with other users.

Fix please iZotope! let's have auto-archiving for dependent samples.. INTO default/user selected paths, or better still can the entire sample community get over strict paths dependencies in ANY patch format, it's dopey and unnecessary, the least any app or plugin can do is have a GREAT auto-reconnect/re-save dialog to take the pointless WORK out of it.
< nobody cares what you use >

Hello, where are the HGFortune-dk presets? The link in the Free Presets page only contains the dnekm presets. Thanks!
Organic Calfskin Kit - Free/Donationware Drum VST for Mac and Win

I have been looking around through all of my files and for the life of me cannot find them....

Hmmmm..... Let me look some more...

I think I may have an answer.

It is possible they were uploaded to Archive.org when I set the HG Fortune Memorial soundset into the public domain.

https://archive.org/details/HGFortuneMemorium

I honestly do not have those exact files anymore as I set them free.

Best I can offer....

Return to “Westgatesounds.net”