Anomaly VSTi not working in Mixcraft 9

Official support for: westgatesounds.net
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is what I sent Acoustica:

"I use the Anomaly VSTi from Westgate Sounds and what is happening is when I load the VSTi my MIDI keyboard is not recognized by the Anomaly VSTi. Anomaly has a keyboard in the UI and when I click on the UI keyboard I hear the notes. When I press a key on the external MIDI keyboard I can see the UI keyboard keys move but no sound. The Anomaly worked flawlessly in Mixcraft 8. Do you have any suggestions?"

I thought Westgate Sounds might be able to help. Acoustica was trying to find an Anomaly demo but they could not find one.

Thank you for your time.

Flux Cobalt: I dont know if this will be helpful, just and idea. I dont have Anomaly but if I am not completely wrong it is mainly based on the wusikengine and I know that there are demo version of this, so maybe worth a try if this works in Mixcraft 9 as a starting point. And maybe William from wusik can help you with this. But as I said, just and idea and I dont know how much difference there is between wusik station and anomaly and on which version this is based.

Thanks, I'll give this a try.

Yesterday I sent Acoustica a NFR of Anomaly and they sent me a NFR of Mixcraft.

Try this (it works for me) - load Anomaly. If you have no sound open File - Preferences and click OK. Then Anomaly produces sound.

I also had another thought.... Try Anomaly with a skin that does not have the keyboard....

I will try to find time to test that tomorrow. Today got shot to hell fixing things around the house...

Tried with different skin this morning - no difference.

Anomaly uses the Wusik Engine V6. I notice Wusik V7 does not have this problem in Mixcraft. The Anomaly skins and presets can also be used in Wusik V7. That could be a possible workaround.

Would I need to buy the Wusik Station V9 Full version? If so that is not a problem.

No, you would need to get Wusik V7.

Wusik V6 and Wusik V7 will load the same presets and play them identically.

For older presets to sound the same on V9, there are adjustments that must be made.

http://westgatesounds.net/AnomalyVSTi/WusikV9.html

Where can I get Wusik 7? I looked on their web site and didn't see it. Unless I missed it somewhere.

You could try writing to William and asking if he will sell it to you.....

William does not have V7 any longer but he did send me a V9 copy. After installing V9 Anomaly did work in 32bit version Mixcraft 9 but not the 64bit version.

I am a little confused by this....

Acoustica approached me by saying a customer had Anomaly (the instrument) working as 32 bit but in 64 bit. We exchanged NFR's. I tested in 64 bit and confirmed there was an issue.

So now you have Wusik V9 - which can load the Anomaly sounds - but it is only working as 32 bit and not 64 bit?

Or did you just install Wusik V9 and think that would fix things?

Please tell me all of the steps you took.

Please understand - I am asking for clarification because if you use the Anomaly sounds in Wusik V9 - it is no longer a problem with the Anomaly VSTi, which uses the Wusik V6 Engine.

There are issues with using older presets between Wusik Engines. V6 and V7 work together just fine.

V8 and V9 do not always play well with older presets. I have done what I can to deal with that.

I am just asking for the actual steps you have taken so I can either help or admit I am beyond helping at this point.

Or maybe come up with something else....

I will install Wusik V9 later today and see if I can find the same problem.....

When you say it didn't work, what exactly do you mean? ;-) Did Wusik Station V9 load but the Anomaly sounds didn't load or presented problems? Please, let me know, so I can check what's going on and fix any issues. I'm currently doing a big round-up of bug fixes so it would be nice to also fix this now. :cool:

Cheers, WilliamK

Return to “Westgatesounds.net”