The future for Anomaly....

Official support for: westgatesounds.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You have nothing but ONE life....live this one....take your time, take vacation, "making things" is great but nothing REALLY important...as said so many times....you cant take NOTHING with you, not even the coded things in your brain....

I could never managed to buy anything from you cause payment options just wont fit (no paypal or credit card) but loved all your stuff in the wusik preset/soundsets.

So much imagination in it, in YOU, take it for your life.

All the best, really.....

Thank you - tatanka - and this is KVR at its best.....

We have one life and at times have to make choices.... I choose my wife...

Anomaly came to me as a result of offsetting the PTSD from Hurricane Katrina - which essentially shut down art gallery in New Orleans...

So here I am, making another choice....

Hoping for the best for you and your family!

Thank you.....

Leilah has shown some improvement - meaning she has become a bit more lively and nasty towards me....

So, I am thinking - I need to step back.

I put her first, when everything went bad. But it now appears this is going to be an ongoing issue....

So I am going to slowly start working on the next Anomaly Volume, which I think will be Anomaly XXIX - Absynthed.

This will be Anomaly source sounds taken into Absynth a fed through FX and then combined in other instruments.

It will be my last project that uses Absynth - after which I will sell my license for it.

I want to get back to work. I need to get back to work. It is what keeps me sane.....

I want to get back to work. I need to get back to work. It is what keeps me sane.....
And this is what your HEART, your SOUL, your insight, call it whatever you want, cant see, cant feel, cant think but you KNOW, tells you. Simply follow it. It CANT be wrong, its you, so often we dont listen cause we just follow whatever is outside....

I have a little better idea of where I am going with this....

I am going back to source and using Absynth cloud and fx to sample the same sound multiple times with different settings.. I made the first test run of ten samples today, at two differnt octaves..

From here I will take the same 10 sounds and run them through different FX via Absynth.

Then I will find a way to combine elements from both octaves into a final sources sound.

These, or elements of these will then be combined in various instruments to make final sounds.

It is going to take a while. I only get a few hours a day in which I can work.

I am also thinking of bringing other sources into play....

Bear with me folks... I am sorting this out as I go along.....

Best of luck! I enjoy your work and appreciate the honesty! Still hoping for the best for the fam.

Leilah and Daniel, I wish you both a good health.

Good luck Daniel. I'm still finding gems in the Anomaly series.

I didn't download all the different sample pack formats you put your life and soul in to. For example I didn't have Absynth or Kontakt at the time, but I still dl'd them anyway (just not all). I'm so pleased to be able to use your work in (just about) all the different softsynths and samplers I have, including Rhino. I do have most of them however. [That was a bit garbled but it's late here - I think you know what I mean]

I know how you put your back in to your work after Katrina and it shows, you've made some of the moodiest, most complex and interesting sample packs ever. It's the reason why I won't be buying others now - gonna spend the rest of my life exploring them all. That was some serious work you did!

You were always a very pleasant and straightforward person to deal with as well.

I hope this is just a temporary blip for you both, and you can get back to making even darker sounds for the even darker days to come, for all of us! :hug:

Thank you - all of you.... :D

Codec, if you ever need download links for things you did not get - just ask me.

It seems this is going to be more of a long term thing. At first, with the pneumonia and blood loss it was much more immediate. I freaked, and gave all of my attention to her.

Last visit to the hematologist - her blood count improved.

Still less than normal, but improved.

So I have a wife and four cats and a house I need to care for, but I get to keep my wife around longer. That is a good thing.... :D

It also means I have to take care of the house and cannot spend much time on working on sounds.

I will continue as I can and I do have something in mind for what comes next.

Right now it is all theoretical - in my head. I am still in the process of creating raw samples from which to work.

Little progress report.....

Have abandoned the idea of sampling Anomaly source sounds through Absynth. With my stress level and my eyesight these days cannot reliably work with Absynth.

Will be putting it up for sale after I re-read the license transfer info....

The good news is will still be using the Anomaly VSTi and the STS-24 to make new sounds.

Already started some experiments using a variety of Anomaly Sources and am so far sampling in two octaves. Makes it more interesting....

I already have an idea for a direction and a title but it is way too early yet....

There will be an Anomaly XXIX....

I currently have 12 final sounds for it out of 51 possible sounds.

Progress is slow.

I am trying a different approach....

Went back to seed sounds and combining them but keeping it simpler. The idea is the final Anomaly sounds are in the presets - that will combine two or more final sounds in each instrument.

Each source sound is an Anomaly seed combined with two other seeds in the Anomaly VSTi WavSeq.

Trying to make it simpler so you control what gets mixed with what.

Patience, please.

After a lot of slow work days - I now have 132 sampled sounds - 60 of which have been processed and looped.

My wife is still having good and bad days - this is going to be long term.

I went and had an eye exam. Before Leilah got ill I needed glasses for driving, could not see distant objects so well.

Since she got ill, I ditched the glasses because I did so much driving, and I could somehow see distant objects better. But the close things (reading, computer screen) started to go fuzzy.

Turns out my eyesight somehow inverted during all of this. Get new glasses next week which should fix things.

Anomaly XXIX will be called From the Vault.

I have gone back and only used Anomaly source and seed sounds to create new mixtures of things. And simpler mixtures of things.

I cannot say when it will be finished, and I cannot promise any presets. But I will try to at least provide Kontakt .nki files with the scripted interface.

Best of luck!

Return to “Westgatesounds.net”