The Unofficial Falcon Forum - Falcontinuum.com - now online and in development

Official support for: patchpool.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sampleconstruct wrote:
ThomasHelzle wrote:I would vote for Discourse since it's a dedicated modern forum system.
All those others are more CMS systems that can also host forums. Wouldn't by my personal choice.

Cheers,

Tom
Sure, that would cost $ 10 USD a month for cloud hosting (cloud provider Digital Ocean) + 99 bucks for the installment. I am trying to find a solution with no extra costs for now (apart from the annual fee for the domain which I said I would cover). And thats already the cheap version with no support after the installment, the regular plan costs 100 bucks a month for standard and 200 bucks a month for business, nothing I would be willing to pay for a Falcon forum.
You don't need to have them install it... DO actually has a one-click discourse app that's super easy to set up. And I'm pretty sure you could get away with the $5/mo size, $10/mo at most.

That's still an added cost I realize, but there's no way I would pay discourse $99 for the privilege of clicking that button and filling out a few forms for me :)

A new poll is up for forum names...

Personally I think whoever is doing the work as Admin should get to choose the name. I think the job of Admin is more important than the name. Ideally it should involve as little editorial authority as possible, but there will be the need to filter out spammers and manage the (hopefully rare but inevitable) political or other grossly OT moments the will arise.

Babz wrote:Personally I think whoever is doing the work as Admin should get to choose the name. I think the job of Admin is more important than the name. Ideally it should involve as little editorial authority as possible, but there will be the need to filter out spammers and manage the (hopefully rare but inevitable) political or other grossly OT moments the will arise.
There should be several members with admin rights who also moderate the forum if necessary. It will not be a new KVR with gazillions of sub-forums where people get into personal fights about nothing for most of the time, and if some folks want start that sort of thing they will be blocked straight away.

Content thoughts:

Detailed FAQs for each Falcon topic
  • -Synthesis types
    -filters
    -Modulation system / arps
    -effects
    -scripting / layer rules
Tutorial section with videos / audio examples

Sharing section
  • -Presets
    -Samples
    -Wavetables
    -Images for wavetable re-synthesis
    -Scripts
Tips+Tricks (related to the above)

Soundware for Falcon

General discussion / troubleshooting

Off topic (only music and software/hardware-related, no HPC stuff)

I personally can't wait for this new forum to be created.

Having used Emu samplers for many years I found the old EmusOnAcid forum invaluable for troubleshooting and knowledge over the years.

It would be great to have a similar resource for Falcon. The content thoughts look good to me
Sampleconstruct wrote:Content thoughts:

Detailed FAQs for each Falcon topic
  • -Synthesis types
    -filters
    -Modulation system / arps
    -effects
    -scripting / layer rules
Tutorial section with videos / audio examples

Sharing section
  • -Presets
    -Samples
    -Wavetables
    -Images for wavetable re-synthesis
    -Scripts
Tips+Tricks (related to the above)

Soundware for Falcon

General discussion / troubleshooting

Off topic (only music and software/hardware-related, no HPC stuff)

I think I'm slowly gravitating towards the UVI stuff, some great libraries, the Falcon, Relayer, and Thorus are already mine.

Falcon is really worth studying as it's deep and has a pretty long history starting with the Mach V..

Falcontinuum or Falconeyrie are two names that I could live with.

Great initiative Simon..
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

I'm really hoping FalconForum picks up steam. It's short and to the point, easy to spell... Falcontinuum is so cheesy.

In any case, I'll be there. Name doesn't matter too much I guess.

padillac wrote:I'm really hoping FalconForum picks up steam. It's short and to the point, easy to spell... Falcontinuum is so cheesy.

Cheesy never really entered my vocabulary, but FalconForum of course is direct and to the point. Just might be too similar to something a Falconer, or a wildlife forum would want to use. The name has to have some kind of a tech or creative slant imo..
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

There are definitely some strange names but everyone has their own take on it I suppose. Personally I prefer FalconForum but I don't think it matters that much to be fair. What matters is the content which hopefully will be great by the looks of things.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:I think I'm slowly gravitating towards the UVI stuff, some great libraries, the Falcon, Relayer, and Thorus are already mine.

Falcon is really worth studying as it's deep and has a pretty long history starting with the Mach V..

Falcontinuum or Falconeyrie are two names that I could live with.

Great initiative Simon..
The credits for this initiative are more on Thomas' side who nagged the UVI guys in the big Falcon thread for months to setup a UVI forum on KVR which they refuse to do. Then my own thoughts on this started to roll, then after another request from Thomas a few days ago it was to change something if we din't want to be trapped in that single thread which by next year will probably have 600 pages weighing a few trillion words.

padillac wrote:I'm really hoping FalconForum picks up steam. It's short and to the point, easy to spell... Falcontinuum is so cheesy.

Naa, falconinlove.com or falconromance.com would be cheesy, this is a bit philosophic maybe but after all the url falcontinuum.com is still available wheres falconforum.com is not (only .info/.net)

Sampleconstruct wrote:

Naa, falconinlove.com or falconromance.com would be cheesy, this is a bit philosophic maybe but after all the url falcontinuum.com is still available wheres falconforum.com is not (only .info/.net)
oh. Then I take back my vote for FalconForum. Looks like I can't change it though.

Can't wait to see what you fine folks decide on :)

If you want free, you might consider the free forum software and hosting from Nabble:
Www.nabble.com

FalconyBalcony

Return to “patchpool”