The Unofficial Falcon Forum - Falcontinuum.com - now online and in development

Official support for: patchpool.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote:Falconistas
I added that one to the list, it's available too -> .net/.org/.com/.info

Babz wrote:What about something like UVIFalconUserForum?

Main thing is you want Google search results for those four words to get you there. Maybe the word "falcon" could be too general in searches without the UVI part.

Best,
Babz
If we add meta tags with all these words in the code of the website, google will find them, I understand your point but the name is just not sexy enough and the word UVI should be kept out of the forum name for sure as people would think it's related to UVI which it won't be.

WhatTheFalcon

padillac wrote:WhatTheFalcon
LOL :party:

padillac wrote:WhatTheFalcon
:tu: :D

I checked what Falcon is in Latin and it's "Aesalon" - maybe not ideal for the forum but somebody should do a sound set with that name, it's beautiful (Grainsampled Monks, Churchbells and comes with some frankincense in the sleve...).

Spanish is "halcón", french is "faucon", icelandic is "haukur", "Fálkar" "valur", "fálki", "fálkaorða" - the last one would be cool since nobody would know how to pronounce it :-)

"The officially unofficial Falcon Forum" or "TOUFF" :D

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

I am, and shall always be, the Falconer!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Falconhorst. :P

chk071 wrote:Falconhorst. :P
If it was a german language based forum, this would be brilliant :tu:

in english ithat would be something like falconeyrie of falconest...

So I guess the next step is a poll for the best names, a little later...

I already discussed some things with KVR member lnikj this morning concerning the new forum, some forum software is included in my web hosting package, will check next how customizable this would be and so forth...

:tu:
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

FalconsLayer (or FalconSlayer)

Included in my current webhosting package are these content management systems:

Drupal version 8.1.8-42
https://www.drupal.org

TYPO3 Version 7.6.9-31
https://typo3.org/about/

WordPress Version 4.6-227
https://wordpress.org

Joomla! Version 3.6.2-23
https://www.joomla.org

Drupal seems to be what we need for a forum, has anybodo worked with any of these in depth? I have just installed a version of Drupal on a patchpool subdomain to check it out.

I would vote for Discourse since it's a dedicated modern forum system.
All those others are more CMS systems that can also host forums. Wouldn't by my personal choice.

Cheers,

Tom

ThomasHelzle wrote:I would vote for Discourse since it's a dedicated modern forum system.
All those others are more CMS systems that can also host forums. Wouldn't by my personal choice.

Cheers,

Tom
Sure, that would cost $ 10 USD a month for cloud hosting (cloud provider Digital Ocean) + 99 bucks for the installment. I am trying to find a solution with no extra costs for now (apart from the annual fee for the domain which I said I would cover). And thats already the cheap version with no support after the installment, the regular plan costs 100 bucks a month for standard and 200 bucks a month for business, nothing I would be willing to pay for a Falcon forum.

I see.
Well, can't help much with that part then.

I had a surprise job come in and will be pretty much offline for a couple of days.

Cheers,

Tom

Return to “patchpool”