The Unofficial Falcon Forum - Falcontinuum.com - now online and in development

Official support for: patchpool.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Copied from the Falcon thread, there are plans to setup an unofficial Falcon forum.
Sampleconstruct wrote:So there are 4 of us already, give us some names then, I would be willing to book the domain with my provider, the costs per year shouldn't be that much (I would go for both domain.com/.org), I have plenty of space left on my web hosting, so that's not a problem.
Domains are available for € 1.49 EUR per month.

falcontown -> .net/.org/.info available
falconhang -> .net/.org/.info/.com available
falconland -> .net/.org/.info available
falconforum -> .net/.info available
falconeyrie -> .net/.org/.info available
falconest -> .net/.org/.info/.com available

let them come...

suggested by Thomas:

falcolony -> .net/.org/.com/.info available
FalconsNest -> not available (.com/.org/.net)
FalconsLair -> .net/.org/.com available
Falconia -> .net is available
Falcon4U -> .net/.org available
Falconity -> .net/.org/.com available
FalconsBalcony -> .net/.org/.com available
ColonyOfFalcons -> .net/.org/.com available
Falcove -> .org available
FalconCity -> .net/.org available
falconarity -> .net/.org/.com available

suggested by anxiousmofo:

sonicfalconers -> .net/.org/.com available

suggested by kgdrum:

falconist -> .net/.org/.info available
falconicity .net/.org/.info/.com available

suggested by murnau

falcontinuum -> .net/.org/.com/.info available -> this is it.

suggested by amused

falconistas -> .net/.org/.com/.info available

sugested by padillac
falconslayer -> .net/.org/.com/.info available

suggested by Babz

thefalconer -> .org/.net available

Flacon [sic] :?

Numanoid wrote:Flacon [sic] :?
I make that same mistake about 5 times a day...

falconist or falconicity
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

FalColony (shorter than the other)
Falkon (as a joke towards NI with their germanised Rektor etc.)
FalContent
Falconicity (ah, kgdrums was faster with that one ;-) )
SchoolOfFalcons
FlockOfFalcons
FalconFlight
Last edited by ThomasHelzle on Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

I am interested, but I would like it to be on KVR. I don't see why it should or needs to be hosted on an external site.

padillac wrote:I am interested, but I would like it to be on KVR. I don't see why it should or needs to be hosted on an external site.
I don't think you can have unofficial forums on KVR.
And since UVI seems to have had some traumatic experience here (no clue what it was) I guess it's not going to happen. At least that's what I gathered so far.
IMO it would be better for them if it was on KVR, since the people are here already.
But on the other hand, you also get more drive-by trolling.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

padillac wrote:I am interested, but I would like it to be on KVR. I don't see why it should or needs to be hosted on an external site.
You can ask Ben (who owns this KVR joint) yourself if he would allow for such a forum (not related to a company).

ThomasHelzle wrote:FalColony (shorter than the other)
I like that one! And it's available too...

You can of course create names where the con from Falcon is the first part of the second word like:

Falconstruct
Falcony
Falcontinuum
Falconomy
Falconvent
Falcongregation

I like more something like that:

The Falcon Assembly (TFA)
Cirlce Of Falcons (COF)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
You can ask Ben (who owns this KVR joint) yourself if he would allow for such a forum (not related to a company).
I don't know how to get in touch with Ben... and I imagine you would have more pull than I do. Here's a draft, maybe you could pass it along to him?
Hi Ben,

Falcon has developed quite a following on KVR. This 250+ page thread contains lots of wisdom and help... but it's hard to sift through and keep up with. People have asked for a UVI / Falcon forum, but UVI has stated it's not going to happen because email is their official support channel. In response, a group of members have considered setting up their own unofficial forum.

I completely understand UVI's position on this matter – they provide support via email. But members clearly want a place to talk Falcon in more depth, being willing to buy a domain name, and set up and manage hosting.

A third-party site means just one more thing for people to keep track of... fracturing the community, and is less likely to be seen by KVR members who could benefit from it.

Given the high interest in Falcon software, and a community for it, will you please consider creating an unofficial Falcon / UVI forum here on KVR, so members can discuss the software with each other?

murnau wrote: Falcontinuum
That's a good one, and it's available too.

padillac wrote:
I don't know how to get in touch with Ben... and I imagine you would have more pull than I do. Here's a draft, maybe you could pass it along to him?
Well, I would prefer this new forum not to be hosted on KVR, so I won't engage myself in making it happen.

What about something like UVIFalconUserForum?

Main thing is you want Google search results for those four words to get you there. Maybe the word "falcon" could be too general in searches without the UVI part.

Best,
Babz

Falconistas

Or The Eyrie

Return to “patchpool”