Phonemklatura for Phonem released on patchpool

Official support for: patchpool.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm quite happy too with Phonemklatura. It covers a very broad range of what is possible in Phonem. I guess that, as it often happens, your sounds will make people who are sitting on the fence decide to go for it and make a purchase.
Sometimes I wonder how you can remember all those different daws, synths and effects. Daily training? Before you start, ten minutes apiece? But that would already fill your entire day...

Being a Cubase user - I prefer to call it 'Suzie Q base' in honour of the late Daevid Allen who nicknamed a synthesizer a 'Cynthia-sizer' - I am of course happy with the Steinberg effects settings and the program file that makes it all very easy to use.
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

Sampleconstruct wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:Oh boy, am I ever pleased with the Phonemklatura for Phonem! Now the recent perk of getting the actual Logic projects from the demo tracks is so great.

I have quite a few of the effects plug ins used in the projects, downloaded som Demos for the others, just bought UVI's Relayer using in part the a UVI voucher from the Falcon purchase and needed a good compressor so bought the Fab Filter C2 on the marketplace at a good price so it's pretty seamless til get up and running with the same sound quality from the Demos..

Phonem with Phonemklatura and the custom effects chains sounds so crazy good! It's also quite a relief to get a great sound from the get go.

Thanks so much for your hard groundbreaking work Simon

Regards

Wade
Glad you're enjoying it, Wade! Sorry I made you go shopping, but with the voucher thing and the market place Pro-Q2 it wasn't too expensive after all :)
No worries, most tools are timesavers and next step development enablers, so they save more than they cost..
The Relayer on closer inspection looks awesome, so I won't regret investing in that, and not having a compressor plug except the great yet unsupported/developed ArtsAcoustic CL series was not good, so I've been thinking about getting Fab Filter Multi Band compressor, but their more simple C 2 which you are using seems like the right tool for general compressor duties. I will get the FF L1 Limiter at some point right now I'm demoing it, very slick and transparent.

What I'm going to use caution though and not look too much at the SoundToys rack you are using. I think it's a great concept but for now I don't want to develop a urge to get that package, its high end / priced, and surely I have enough effects already!!

Vintage Verb by Valhalla Dsp is really sweet sounding I don't own that but it works fine in Demo mode.

Great sounds in the logic demo material, and I find lots of ways to make them my own through just playing technique, this really a breakthrough idea..
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

ErikH wrote:I'm quite happy too with Phonemklatura. It covers a very broad range of what is possible in Phonem. I guess that, as it often happens, your sounds will make people who are sitting on the fence decide to go for it and make a purchase.
Sometimes I wonder how you can remember all those different daws, synths and effects. Daily training? Before you start, ten minutes apiece? But that would already fill your entire day...

Being a Cubase user - I prefer to call it 'Suzie Q base' in honour of the late Daevid Allen who nicknamed a synthesizer a 'Cynthia-sizer' - I am of course happy with the Steinberg effects settings and the program file that makes it all very easy to use.
Well, Wolfgang said that shortly after the Phonemklatura release he made some more Phonem sales, so I guess some folks heard the demos and bought Phonem, but overall it seems to be a very niche synth, maybe we can spread the word some more but I'm always moving on anyway...

I only use one DAW really - Logic, since the 90s after moving from Atari to Mac - Cubase is only here if I work for Steinberg and have to be compatible with their way of doing things, then I use it for beta-testing vst-plugins, but I never compose with it really. And all the other stuff is my brain food, more synapses every day until my head explodes - it can be overwhelming sometimes, but mostly it's just a fascination with sound that never stops.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:Oh boy, am I ever pleased with the Phonemklatura for Phonem! Now the recent perk of getting the actual Logic projects from the demo tracks is so great.

I have quite a few of the effects plug ins used in the projects, downloaded som Demos for the others, just bought UVI's Relayer using in part the a UVI voucher from the Falcon purchase and needed a good compressor so bought the Fab Filter C2 on the marketplace at a good price so it's pretty seamless til get up and running with the same sound quality from the Demos..

Phonem with Phonemklatura and the custom effects chains sounds so crazy good! It's also quite a relief to get a great sound from the get go.

Thanks so much for your hard groundbreaking work Simon

Regards

Wade
Glad you're enjoying it, Wade! Sorry I made you go shopping, but with the voucher thing and the market place Pro-Q2 it wasn't too expensive after all :)
No worries, most tools are timesavers and next step development enablers, so they save more than they cost..
The Relayer on closer inspection looks awesome, so I won't regret investing in that, and not having a compressor plug except the great yet unsupported/developed ArtsAcoustic CL series was not good, so I've been thinking about getting Fab Filter Multi Band compressor, but their more simple C 2 which you are using seems like the right tool for general compressor duties. I will get the FF L1 Limiter at some point right now I'm demoing it, very slick and transparent.

What I'm going to use caution though and not look too much at the SoundToys rack you are using. I think it's a great concept but for now I don't want to develop a urge to get that package, its high end / priced, and surely I have enough effects already!!

Vintage Verb by Valhalla Dsp is really sweet sounding I don't own that but it works fine in Demo mode.

Great sounds in the logic demo material, and I find lots of ways to make them my own through just playing technique, this really a breakthrough idea..
I never supplied demo projects for any of my releases so far, so I'm happy to read that you are making good use of it. The SoundToys FX rack I used quite a bit because of the MicroShifter which adds a nice chorus/widening-effect to Phonem and the various saturators, but check some of the ÜberMod presets in those projects, they also use different sorts of chorussing presets which make Phonem sound wider, as all Phonem sources are mono and can only be panned in the stereo field using LFOs/envelopes.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
I never supplied demo projects for any of my releases so far, so I'm happy to read that you are making good use of it. The SoundToys FX rack I used quite a bit because of the MicroShifter which adds a nice chorus/widening-effect to Phonem and the various saturators, but check some of the ÜberMod presets in those projects, they also use different sorts of chorussing presets which make Phonem sound wider, as all Phonem sources are mono and can only be panned in the stereo field using LFOs/envelopes.
What I think is brilliant is that I sometimes have struggled with the dynamics in Kaleidoscope and now in Phonem so the limiter and compressor settings are really very helpful. Not to mention the skill needed to get the most out of the chorusing effect in something like ÜberMod has escaped me.

I wish I had more time on my hands to delve into things and learn it all the slow and thorough way, that time will definitely come but for now this type of guidance can keep the juices flowing for me in the sound exploring field..

Thanks

Made a track with Phonemklatura sounds..

Four sounds used:

Two textures Stutter Triplets, and Robot Sleeps plus Phonem Mill and a Trombone Choir Lead

I use some 2Caudio B2, iZotope Trash 2, UVI Relayer

https://soundcloud.com/twotoneshuzz/realdream
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:Made a track with Phonemklatura sounds..

Four sounds used:

Two textures Stutter Triplets, and Robot Sleeps plus Phonem Mill and a Trombone Choir Lead

Listening to it now, a very wadified version of Phonemklatura, intricate, mysterious, hard to nail down, spooky, sounds pretty great on the big studio system...

Sampleconstruct wrote:

Four sounds used:

Listening to it now, a very wadified version of Phonemklatura, intricate, mysterious, hard to nail down, spooky, sounds pretty great on the big studio system...
I'm getting a feel for whats on offer, I really like the soft edge quality of the attacks on some of the sounds, very human and intimate...

TwoToneshuzz wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:

Four sounds used:

I'm getting a feel for whats on offer, I really like the soft edge quality of the attacks on some of the sounds, very human and intimate...
Yes, some of it sounds amazingly human, especially the warm big voice at the beginning of the track.

Here is a patch walkthrough done live on video for the Phonemklatura patches beginning with letters A-C:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9vZWJDTsPs

Here is a little morning jam with two Phonemklatura patches, one of them being a bass sound with tempo-synced modulations, the other one a female vocal patch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9AgYw2XXKk

Sampleconstruct wrote:Here is a little morning jam with two Phonemklatura patches, one of them being a bass sound with tempo-synced modulations, the other one a female vocal patch:

Love Phonemklaturas sound, it's silky smooth but potent. Great morning jam!

I've got some reduction in my Day Job in this week I'll have a jam with Phonemklatura when the spirit grabs me..Must get headphones so I can make noise at ungodly hours like now .I'll get the half open AKG's in the mid price range..

Thanks again for the music..

TwoToneshuzz wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Here is a little morning jam with two Phonemklatura patches, one of them being a bass sound with tempo-synced modulations, the other one a female vocal patch:

I've got some reduction in my Day Job in this week I'll have a jam with Phonemklatura when the spirit grabs me..Must get headphones so I can make noise at ungodly hours like now .I'll get the half open AKG's in the mid price range..

Your latest mixes didn't sound like headphone mixes at all, usually I can spot the difference right away, so either you mixed them during godly hours on your speakers or you found a way to compensate for the headphone-delusion.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:

Your latest mixes didn't sound like headphone mixes at all, usually I can spot the difference right away, so either you mixed them during godly hours on your speakers or you found a way to compensate for the headphone-delusion.
I'm finished with using headphones unless it's late, I make the mixes in the daytime, no one complains so far, they aren't home or I'm just keeping the levels reasonable..

I tried my hand at a small trio piece using three sounds from Phomenklatura got into doing a lot of modulation with the provided destinations with the two xy pads and the mod wheel.

The starting point was the Tokyo Subway logic project..

https://soundcloud.com/twotoneshuzz/slowremembering

Return to “patchpool”