Annual Subscription for Kaleidoscope

Official support for: patchpool.de
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope

Thanks Simon for listening to this last offering PowerfulVastEnigmatic. I was trying to work out the resonant peak issues so loaded up several instances of the Tokyo Dawn Nova GE with dynamic eq on several of the tracks and observed the resulting gain adjustments. My feeling is the resonant peaks were too much for auto eq adjustment. Perhaps the wrong range of frequencies present in the source material og scale base octave accentuated the peaks. Just kept working and found the resonances can tamed by turning down the Kaleidoscope input and output, this highly dynamic materiel creates a very scupltural contour in the mix. I like it.

Set 22 has great things in it and I'm now working om my 3rd track with it.
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

Just wanted to add that I actually listen to all the audio posts here and enjoy them quite a bit.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:Just wanted to add that I actually listen to all the audio posts here and enjoy them quite a bit.
Thanks @SJ_Digriz I'm glad you like it. Though Simons demos have the quality that's hard to match. I can experiment with no penalty..

TwoToneshuzz wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:Just wanted to add that I actually listen to all the audio posts here and enjoy them quite a bit.
Thanks @SJ_Digriz I'm glad you like it. Though Simons demos have the quality that's hard to match. I can experiment with no penalty..
just thought I'd let you know that there are at least 3 of us following the thread :D

I spent more time with the Kaleidscope and Patchpool subscription.

This track uses 4x2 paired Kaleidoscopes fed by 3 iZotope Iris and 1 UVI Falcon both using sounds from the Patchpool Iris subscription and on the Falcon a Acoustic Samples Percussiv sounds set. I also used a Scattered Entity patch called Elves Hum, which I composed a three part harmony and sent it to three individual Falcon instances and made heavy use of modulation of the Grain size Filter and Strangeness knobs with different settings for each instance. These are also thre pitch bend envelopes using different pitch range and envelope attack and decay rates. There is a 3rd Falcon playing 2 different patches one called Formantic From Falcon Air and another Moanng Lead and Harmonics split from Ambient Strings these are played percussively usig a drum sequencer that varies the notes randomly within a specified range with som pitch bend as well.

I experimented with Kaleidoscope to tune the input sound to the Scale in one setup.

I was trying to get a slightly comic feel, spatially interesting and with lots of space between the sound entrances.

https://soundcloud.com/twotoneshuzz/lit ... christnass
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

The above track was remixed this morning.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:The above track was remixed this morning.
Amazing tones, Wade!

Sampleconstruct wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:The above track was remixed this morning.
Amazing tones, Wade!
This is one incredible track indeed, like a surreal radio play without words, brilliant!

Some awesome textures there.

A single instance of Kaleidoscope using a preset from the upcoming subscription set no. 26, input source was an Aparillo tetxture (FM synth). Breeze 2 is providing the reverb.

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... -patchpool

I'm reworking this last track called PowerGroupWinds as I discovered a couple of issues I wasn't happy with.
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sampleconstruct wrote:A single instance of Kaleidoscope using a preset from the upcoming subscription set no. 26, input source was an Aparillo tetxture (FM synth). Breeze 2 is providing the reverb.

That is amazing working with one instance only it sounds like a complete symphony..

TwoToneshuzz wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:A single instance of Kaleidoscope using a preset from the upcoming subscription set no. 26, input source was an Aparillo tetxture (FM synth). Breeze 2 is providing the reverb.

That is amazing working with one instance only it sounds like a complete symphony..
Yes, in that one image there is so much pixel-information, very polyphonic and rich...

SJ_Digriz wrote:Some awesome textures there.
Thanks SJ_Digriz, I'll keep working as I have been somewhat shooting blindfolded as to fine tuning the output and adjusting imputs material etc. It is a big playground and lots of ways to get hit by ignorance as to which button to push or which knob to turn! I was reflecting as I sat with my next mix that years ago I never could of imagined the level of complexlity in my present tracks setup.

I still don't work in a knowledgeable way with KScope. I tend to wander through the presets or load a random image and tweak wet/dry. Once in awhile I vary the size to change the rhythm. I almost always do what Simon did in that last example though ... I feed B2. I spend far more time tweaking B2 than KS for some reason. As has been said many times .. key automation would be nice. I really like to use KS as a rhythmic chord machine, but it's a pain to do chord changes manually all the time. LOL

Return to “patchpool”