Torrents, pirates, f**kers!

Official support for: patchpool.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

[rant]New record - 2 soundsets were torrented today (one of them was in the Easter Promo Sale some days ago), thousands of Soundcloud previews out of the blue, and torrenters even asking stupid questions on Soundcloud. f**k this...
[/rant]

The future looks bright though, I will just keep on ignoring this disease.

Sampleconstruct wrote:[rant]New record - 2 soundsets were torrented today (one of them was in the Easter Promo Sale some days ago), thousands of Soundcloud previews out of the blue, and torrenters even asking stupid questions on Soundcloud. f**k this...
[/rant]

frustrating! just focus on the positive and keep making cool stuff for the people who appreciate it and pay for it.

dayjob wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:[rant]New record - 2 soundsets were torrented today (one of them was in the Easter Promo Sale some days ago), thousands of Soundcloud previews out of the blue, and torrenters even asking stupid questions on Soundcloud. f**k this...
[/rant]

frustrating! just focus on the positive and keep making cool stuff for the people who appreciate it and pay for it.
Thank's for chiming in - yes, as always that's the plan, but 2 sets on one day was just a bit of a low blow yesterday :party:

If anybody wants to start a hair-metal or Celtic polka power trio band... do they have your permission to use your thread title as a name for that band?
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

harryupbabble wrote:If anybody wants to start a hair-metal or Celtic polka power trio band... do they have your permission to use your thread title as a name for that band?
Only if they torrent one of my sets first, that's a must!

Stealing stuff have been the problem since the dawn of time and I am sure it will continue to be a problem for as longa as humanity exist. I hope it is not affecting your business too much because I hate to see talented people and companies closing down because of piracy.

I know its not much of a comfort but if they steal and copy your products it mean your products are good stuff 8)
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote:Stealing stuff have been the problem since the dawn of time and I am sure it will continue to be a problem for as longa as humanity exist. I hope it is not affecting your business too much because I hate to see talented people and companies closing down because of piracy.

I know its not much of a comfort but if they steal and copy your products it mean your products are good stuff 8)
Thanks - I have been putting up with this for years now, at the beginning it almost killed me emotionally, felling robbed was kind of a dirty, ugly feeling. Then I developed a different attitude and managed to put up with it by simply ignoring it, but every now and then on days like yesterday it just stinks. And feeling honored because hundreds of idiots download something most probably just because it's free doesn't really make it better in the bigger picture.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
ATN69 wrote:Stealing stuff have been the problem since the dawn of time and I am sure it will continue to be a problem for as longa as humanity exist. I hope it is not affecting your business too much because I hate to see talented people and companies closing down because of piracy.

Thanks - I have been putting up with this for years now, at the beginning it almost killed me emotionally, felling robbed was kind of a dirty, ugly feeling. Then I developed a different attitude and managed to put up with it by simply ignoring it, but every now and then on days like yesterday it just stinks. And feeling honored because hundreds of idiots download something most probably just because it's free doesn't really make it better in the bigger picture.
I totally understand. Max from Maxsynths put his business on hold because of piracy. He was thinking hard about giving up and close down. I did not check if he resumed his business or not. But he is just another example. Hope you don't loose your faith and give up, and let the assholes win.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Just a little sarcasm, proudly announcing that another one of my best selling soundsets is now available for free on one of these lovely torrent places, Keep up the good work, f**kers, you still have a long way to go with my portfolio.

[/rant]

My advice is not ignoring it. It's a crime after all. Get a torrent client, download the content and start grabbing their IPs. Then join some real anti-piracy group to sue their ass.

George wrote:
[/rant]

My advice is not ignoring it. It's a crime after all. Get a torrent client, download the content and start grabbing their IPs. Then join some real anti-piracy group to sue their ass.
A company who specializes in tracing down one's products on torrent sites contacted me a few days ago (coincidence?), I still have their mail in my inbox and will ask them for their fees and strategy. I would never waste another minute of my life fighting piracy, I wasted weeks years ago, only with the result that after removing a set from a given torrent it would appear on 2 others the next day.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Just a little sarcasm, proudly announcing that another one of my best selling soundsets is now available for free on one of these lovely torrent places, Keep up the good work, f**kers, you still have a long way to go with my portfolio.
You put in weeks of work - sometimes bloody months - and some dick puts it up for free. I'm not even watching the torrent sites any longer. It's too bloody painful.
Sampleconstruct wrote:A company who specializes in tracing down one's products on torrent sites contacted me a few days ago (coincidence?), I still have their mail in my inbox and will ask them for their fees and strategy. I would never waste another minute of my life fighting piracy, I wasted weeks years ago, only with the result that after removing a set from a given torrent it would appear on 2 others the next day.
That happened to me as well and I thought exactly the same. Coincidence? If you go for it - do post your results here.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Sampleconstruct wrote:A company who specializes in tracing down one's products on torrent sites contacted me a few days ago (coincidence?), I still have their mail in my inbox and will ask them for their fees and strategy. I would never waste another minute of my life fighting piracy, I wasted weeks years ago, only with the result that after removing a set from a given torrent it would appear on 2 others the next day.
Very likely to be them but unless you have any proof, they are innocent. Those "companies" are using sophisticated tech to hide so it's very hard to demonstrate anything.

DrGonzo wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Just a little sarcasm, proudly announcing that another one of my best selling soundsets is now available for free on one of these lovely torrent places, Keep up the good work, f**kers, you still have a long way to go with my portfolio.
You put in weeks of work - sometimes bloody months - and some dick puts it up for free. I'm not even watching the torrent sites any longer. It's too bloody painful.
That happened to me as well and I thought exactly the same. Coincidence? If you go for it - do post your results here.

/C
It could be a perverted strategy, it could be legit - if the first I will advise them to increase the gap between offering their services to a potential piracy victim and the actual upload/torrent release. The number of streams on my Soundcloud/Youtube for that soundset are frightening, hundreds within a few hours, thousands per day.

It may sound silly, but place a watermark to every file and track them down. Then use your ban hammer :D and report to police.

Return to “patchpool”