Steinberg release my sound library Granular Guitars for Padshop Pro

Official support for: patchpool.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

billcarroll wrote:Congratulations on the release. This is very cool and makes me wish I still had Padshop. :)
Thanks!

Geez man, I opened the first patch in the Guitar Beds category, and a song broke out. I hope to audition the second patch soon. :) I love these sounds. It is just what I was looking for. It's really nice when things line up like that. Thanks to Steinberg, I could have auditioned these for a month, but I knew right off that I needed to buy this one...and I did.
Your work is appreciated Simon.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

rustman wrote:Geez man, I opened the first patch in the Guitar Beds category, and a song broke out. I hope to audition the second patch soon. :) I love these sounds. It is just what I was looking for. It's really nice when things line up like that. Thanks to Steinberg, I could have auditioned these for a month, but I knew right off that I needed to buy this one...and I did.
Your work is appreciated Simon.
Brilliant, that's how it should be, open a patch, fly away and get inspired by it, thank's for this feedback, that makes my evening.

Hi !!

I bought your both libraries at steinberg, Granular symphonies and guitars. but for an unknown reason, Symphonies appears correction in Content_Set (for the filter in the sound browser) but Guitars, nope :(... i had to tag it with "library name" to use it. posted a question on the forum but didn't got a reply. asking it here before writing to steinberg support and waitine a month for a reply :D ! thank you ! by the way, do you accept to do custom preset ? (maybe i wrote to you in private about it, but i forgot if i sent the email or not (sorry).

Martyprod wrote:Hi !!

I bought your both libraries at steinberg, Granular symphonies and guitars. but for an unknown reason, Symphonies appears correction in Content_Set (for the filter in the sound browser) but Guitars, nope :(... i had to tag it with "library name" to use it. posted a question on the forum but didn't got a reply. asking it here before writing to steinberg support and waitine a month for a reply :D ! thank you ! by the way, do you accept to do custom preset ? (maybe i wrote to you in private about it, but i forgot if i sent the email or not (sorry).
Is the license for GG on your e-licenser? Did you try a re-install? Did you try to locate the vst-container of Granular Guitars on your system and compare it to the location of Granular Symphonies?

What do you mean by: “Do you accept to do custom presets"? Do you mean sound design on demand? If so, no, I don't do that.

Greetings,
Simon

Sampleconstruct wrote: 1) Is the license for GG on your e-licenser?
2) Did you try a re-install?
3) Did you try to locate the vst-container of Granular Guitars on your system and compare it to the location of Granular Symphonies?
4) What do you mean by: “Do you accept to do custom presets"? Do you mean sound design on demand? If so, no, I don't do that.

Greetings,
Simon
Hi simon, first i want to tell that you programmed some oustanding sound ! i'm a michael Landau freak, and love everything that are done with guitar in terme of FX, love what you did there ! very impressive !

1) yes, the licence is on my Usb e-licencer (the sound works and load fine with the library_name tag, so it's not an issue of authorization)
2) yes, both by checking for all users and reinstalling cubase with this as well, as i had difficulties to have the sounds listed, and on the steinberg forum, they gave this tip to fix the issue.
3) ADD_SMT_155_Granular_Guitars_Electric and acoustic are located in Steinberg / Content / Padshop / VST Sound
but i'm unable to find where is symphonies ! so i assume symphonies is at the good place (if i find it..) and not granural guitars ?
4) yes, that was my question. thanks for the reply.

Martyprod wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote: 1) Is the license for GG on your e-licenser?
2) Did you try a re-install?
3) Did you try to locate the vst-container of Granular Guitars on your system and compare it to the location of Granular Symphonies?
4) What do you mean by: “Do you accept to do custom presets"? Do you mean sound design on demand? If so, no, I don't do that.

Greetings,
Simon
Hi simon, first i want to tell that you programmed some oustanding sound ! i'm a michael Landau freak, and love everything that are done with guitar in terme of FX, love what you did there ! very impressive !

1) yes, the licence is on my Usb e-licencer (the sound works and load fine with the library_name tag, so it's not an issue of authorization)
2) yes, both by checking for all users and reinstalling cubase with this as well, as i had difficulties to have the sounds listed, and on the steinberg forum, they gave this tip to fix the issue.
3) ADD_SMT_155_Granular_Guitars_Electric and acoustic are located in Steinberg / Content / Padshop / VST Sound
but i'm unable to find where is symphonies ! so i assume symphonies is at the good place (if i find it..) and not granural guitars ?
4) yes, that was my question. thanks for the reply.
Thank you, that's motivational to read :)

I'm on Mac, looking at your path description I assume you're too, so try moving the vst container (or an alias thereof) to:
Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content/VST Sound/

and check if the presets are installed here:
Library/Audio/Presets/Steinberg Media Technologies/Padshop

Sampleconstruct wrote:
I'm on Mac, looking at your path description I assume you're too, so try moving the vst container (or an alias thereof) to:
Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content/VST Sound/

and check if the presets are installed here:
Library/Audio/Presets/Steinberg Media Technologies/Padshop
Hi, unfortunatly not i'm on Windows. I just asked first here, because usually Steinberg take 1 month to do a reply at their support desk :(. In term of sound placement, Cubase Pro is pretty a mess unfortunatly.
here are the different place where the libraries are.

User Preset : \Documents\VST3 Presets\Steinberg Media Technologies\Padshop
User Samples Folder : \Documents\Steinberg\Padshop\Samples\User Samples

Third Party Content Preset .vstpreset. Granular symphonies and Granular guitars .vstpreset are there. the difference between both ? one is classified in Folders (Guitars), one is not (symphonies)
\AppData\Roaming\VST3 Presets\Steinberg Media Technologies\Padshop
in the Retrologue folder i found here, there are Vintage classics and Sounds of Soul .vst preset too.

Third Party Content Samples, your Granular Symphonies samples ADD_SMT_136_Granular_Symphonies.vstsound are There ! (1.96Gb)
but granular Guitars are Not in this folder. there is Zero Gravity as well.
\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\Padshop\VST Sound

Here is the location where the factory of Padshop pro preset are stored:
C:\ProgramData\VST3 Presets\Steinberg Media Technologies\Padshop\
for an unknown reason, a folder of a third content library is stored in this folder, it's Sounds of Soul from dave Polich. why ? as it's stored above in the folder up there for third party content. don't know what to do (erase it ?).

I finally found where your Granular guitars samples are stored, it's here, together with the ... factory samples !
C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content\Padshop

So i try to move them in the third party content folder here :
\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\Padshop\VST Sound

trying (right now) and it's not working. it load the preset and the samples, working like before but still doesn't appear in the content set tab in cubase. if i take a look with the help of the mediabay, the content set tag in the inspector info for each preset show an empty line at Content Set for Guitars but is present for Symphonies. Any idea ?

Hi again, i just talked with Steinberg support. it seems they forgot to put the "Content Set" tag on your granulars guitars library :( ... (the other one is fine). so the only way to access it is via the library name tag that we must do ourself. i have been told that the "information" will be send to the developper team.. but don't think it will be fixed in few days lol... thanks again for the help anyway ;).

Return to “patchpool”