Steinberg release my sound library Granular Guitars for Padshop Pro

Official support for: patchpool.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sjIIcfvKks

Steinberg has just released my sound library Granular Guitars for Padshop Pro comprising 260 patches including 8 variations and 2.83 GB of original samples. I sampled various electric and acoustic guitars, electric mandolin, psaltery, oud and celtic harp. Apart from conventionial playing techniques the instruments were prepared and abused, ebowed and processed with soft- and hardware. One half of the raw sounds were performed by a great electric guitar player from Berlin. the other half was played by myself.

The patches cover a wide variety of sound worlds from beautiful ambient soundscapes, to massive dark drones, to heavy metal phrases and feedback orgies to more gentle classical guitar tones and textures to mellow pads, percussive guitar sequences, loops, otherworldly atmospheres and ominous science fiction noises. All presets have the Modwheel and Aftertouch assigned, often affecting numerous parameters to totally change and morph the sound into something else. I also wrote a detailled patchlist with descriptions, modulation assignments and playing tips which is included in the download files.

Amps were burning, strings were broken, musicians were sweating and heads were baniging while producing this library, a huge project it was and I am very satisfied with the result.

Here is an interview in which I talk a bit about this library:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM0kSWbBGUA

More info can be found on the Steinberg product page.

I composed the demos below exclusively with Padshop Pro using only patches from Granular Guitars:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... adshop-pro

The videos in this youtube playlist are basically capturing imagewise what is going on in the audio demos:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 4-O2vXEKxv

Amazing, sounds really really good to my ears. Any plans to release something like this for Alchemy, or is this tied to Padshop?

tq wrote:Amazing, sounds really really good to my ears. Any plans to release something like this for Alchemy, or is this tied to Padshop?
Thanks, this is tied to PSP and Steinberg, granular sounds like these would not be possible to achieve with Alchemy's granular engine anyway.

Just picked it up :hyper: Can't wait to mess with it. I have no doubt it will be :tu: :phones:
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:Just picked it up :hyper: Can't wait to mess with it. I have no doubt it will be :tu: :phones:
Have fun and fly away :party:

Already posted a WTB in the market place for Padshop Pro (I missed the sale some time ago, argh...). If Steinberg will get a new customer, then it's just because of your sounds. ;-)

tq wrote:Already posted a WTB in the market place for Padshop Pro (I missed the sale some time ago, argh...). If Steinberg will get a new customer, then it's just because of your sounds. ;-)
That's a charming compliment, thank you. Unfortunately I can't sell you my copy of PSP as I'll need it in the future :)

Hi Simon,

nice surprise today - especially to see you're not completly without hair ;-)

You might remember, that I love stringed instruments and of course I had a listen to the demos.
First impression I get from these, that this set seems to be rather bombastic - more directed to cinematique and epic
sounds - but I might be mistaken, because you might have used many different sounds layered ?
So what about more subtle sounds... but maybe this set might not be aimed at those ?
Of course I could download the trial (which I might do anyway), but with my slow Internet connection this will take some time,
so I'd appreciate your thoughts about my questions.

However, I wish you a big success with this one !

Cheers,
Frank

losan wrote:Hi Simon,

nice surprise today - especially to see you're not completly without hair ;-)

You might remember, that I love stringed instruments and of course I had a listen to the demos.
First impression I get from these, that this set seems to be rather bombastic - more directed to cinematique and epic
sounds - but I might be mistaken, because you might have used many different sounds layered ?
So what about more subtle sounds... but maybe this set might not be aimed at those ?
Of course I could download the trial (which I might do anyway), but with my slow Internet connection this will take some time,
so I'd appreciate your thoughts about my questions.

However, I wish you a big success with this one !

Cheers,
Frank
Hi Frank,
I didn't shave my head on that day so there are some hair in that video :)
There are plenty of delicate and more fragile sounds, flageolets, picks, ebowed tones, calm textures, smooth beds, harp glissandi, psaltery plucks - if you take the time to listen to all the demos you will hear some of them. In the demos I of course layered plenty of sounds as you can see in the videos which are 1:1 what you hear in the demos, showcasing about 90 of the 260 patches in the 13 demos tends to make the sound more vertical. But like I said, not all demos are “bombastic".

Sampleconstruct wrote:not all demos are “bombastic".
WHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!(#$*&(!@&!#)($&^@

I want my money back ... I only do BOMBASTIC. :help:

I kid ... I kid ..

SJ_Digriz wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:not all demos are “bombastic".
WHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!(#$*&(!@&!#)($&^@

I want my money back ... I only do BOMBASTIC. :help:

I kid ... I kid ..
ROFL :D :party: :clown:

Congratulations on the release. This is very cool and makes me wish I still had Padshop. :)
Bitwig Certified Trainer

By the way, I don't know what's in the library other than listening to a bit of these soundcloud demos, but one of my favorite things I did with H5 and PSP was to sample guitar arpeggios in various patterns and flavors major/minor/dom7/dim7/+9 etc... open phrase, bar phrase. Then toss them into the grain machine. Really fun times with a minimum number of samples.

OK, I didn't see the videos to the demos yet, but 90 patches in 13 demos - well, maybe not surprising, that I did get a feeling of
a little bit "over the top".
As you said, that there are plenty of more delicate sounds in it, I think, I'll actually just give the trial a try, which I think is the full set and can be activated later with a full licence. Might just download it, while I sleep...

Cheers,
Frank

There are plenty of chordal progressions, arpeggiated chord sequences and chordsl volume pedal swell scapes included, guitar loves to be granulated me thinks.
Off to bed, I'm dead.

Return to “patchpool”