What's next on patchpool...

Official support for: patchpool.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BBFG# wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
anxiousmofo wrote:I have bought a couple of instruments because you made presets for them, and considered a few others. I hope devs recognize this and that you find a good solution for your future business model.
Some devs do indeed recognize my work for their instruments, so did Camel some years ago, but all negotiations for closer collaborations were not fruitful as they wanted all the control and did not want to make compromises concerning the marketing and distribution, so I never agreed with their offers and only once worked for them in the Dream Voices library.

But I think devs like Dmitry Sches, LinPlug, Tone2, AAS, Xfer, ValhallaDSP, 2CAudio, FXpansion, MOTU, Steinberg, Native Instruments and iZotope are quite happy with the extra promotion they´re getting via patchpool and with most of them I am in regluar contact/communication.
I seem to have bought all these manufacturers engines, except, Tone2, FXpansion. But not much other third party soundware from others than patchpool.. I've found it quite invigorating to have Simon as my sound engine finder, there's so much out nowadays that I'd likely use even less time on creating tracks, if I had to check every newly released instrument..

I too, seem to take suggestions from Simon of sound engines to try more seriously than I do many others.
Just spent the last half hour checking out the 2CA Kaleidoscope. Wondering how this one slipped by me and is now 'on my watch list' as I check it out further and hope for a sale.

It might seem like a crazy approach financially, but I see it as both a learning process to get familiar with the different tools, see what Simon can do with them, and as I work out my tracks begin to modify patches and let the light of understanding and comfortable familiarity grow slowly, so over a period of years I'll master the tools that work best with my vision. Also as some may fall to the wayside as developers fall to the wayside, I'm sure to be left at least with a few survivors.. NI MOTU, IZotope, Steinberg and a couple of the smaller developers will likely make it through.. Times are changing it seems..
The sale for 2CA Kaleidoscope is till on until tommorrow I believe, though you don't save that much $50 but if you buy the expansion pack at the same time it's a little more attractive, add in one of the reverbs and it's starting to look like quite a generous deal. But don't rush into it though.. Main thing I'd get would be the Kaleidoscope and then wait for the next expansion from Andrew which sounds really interesting..
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

Sorry about getting my post confused into your quote. I fixed mine.
Price may have been why I didn't seriously look at it before.
Not sure if 20% off is going to do it for me either.
But I do like the sound and the concept quite a bit.
Just downloaded the demo.
And I'll definitely keep an eye on its pricing.

BBFG# wrote:Sorry about getting my post confused into your quote. I fixed mine.
Kaleidoscope is a beast, it's very demanding on the computers resources too.

Since you have Halion, I'd guess that Simon will make sounds for it based on material that he's developed with Kaleidoscope. So Kaleidoscope capability will be available to you this way.. I've got Kaleidoscope but am using Simons patches for some of the other engines things in my present track. Notably two of Simons Iris subscription patches in set 55 which contain Kaleidoscope developed material.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:
BBFG# wrote:Sorry about getting my post confused into your quote. I fixed mine.
Kaleidoscope is a beast, it's very demanding on the computers resources too.

Since you have Halion, I'd guess that Simon will make sounds for it based on material that he's developed with Kaleidoscope. So Kaleidoscope capability will be available to you this way.. I've got Kaleidoscope but am using Simons patches for some of the other engines things in my present track. Notably two of Simons Iris subscription patches in set 55 which contain Kaleidoscope developed material.
8) I'll take some more time to check out set 55 then.

There are actually more patches in set 55 which use Kaleidomaterial, I just don't always mention everything when writing those descriptions. Set 56 also has some Kaleidomaterial, plus some percussion instruments which I am currently sampling and their electronic derivates. For the weekend I just rented some beautiful glass chimes - OMG - some bamboo chimes, some huge bar chimes and lots of other goodies, you´ll have some of these sounds at your fingertips soon.

Sampleconstruct wrote:There are actually more patches in set 55 which use Kaleidomaterial, I just don't always mention everything when writing those descriptions. Set 56 also has some Kaleidomaterial, plus some percussion instruments which I am currently sampling and their electronic derivates. For the weekend I just rented some beautiful glass chimes - OMG - some bamboo chimes, some huge bar chimes and lots of other goodies, you´ll have some of these sounds at your fingertips soon.
I'll be looking forward to that. Glass chimes, hmm, not familiar with them, must have a very delicate sound.. I'm sure you'll be careful to capture it all.. Bamboo chimes, love that sound, it's so relaxing...Bar chimes! don't know em...Do they hang like tubular bells then?

TwoToneshuzz wrote:I'll get anything Simon for Halion 5, it is great! At least the Sonic Cinema banks sounds kept bring smiles to my face.
Cheers, Wade - for the next project I will be sampling a special flute technique invented by a german flutist Andreas Mazur. He invented the Pars-pro-Toto technique (and even published a book on it) where the flutist plays on the individual parts (3 in total) of the classical flute, using special fingerings and also the fingers themselves to determine the pitches and timbral changes. It sounds totally mysterious and beautiful, sometimes like a shakuhachi, sometimes like an Okarina and often like a wind instrument I wouldn't be able to classify. I'll mix these flute sounds with all sorts of other things like Hang percussion, electronics, other percussion textures, field recordings...and HALion 5 seems to offer the best all-in-one-options for this project and my latest MachFive 3 library was so expensive, that I will refrain from doing huge libraries for M5 for a while until more people will be picking it up. But there will be a new page soon for single instruments and smaller MachFive libraries. And my Kaleidoscope collection is growing, so a subscription service for it is around the corner too, once I've sorted out how to best compile and distribute the presets, images, tuning files and waveforms.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:There are actually more patches in set 55 which use Kaleidomaterial, I just don't always mention everything when writing those descriptions. Set 56 also has some Kaleidomaterial, plus some percussion instruments which I am currently sampling and their electronic derivates. For the weekend I just rented some beautiful glass chimes - OMG - some bamboo chimes, some huge bar chimes and lots of other goodies, you´ll have some of these sounds at your fingertips soon.
I'll be looking forward to that. Glass chimes, hmm, not familiar with them, must have a very delicate sound.. I'm sure you'll be careful to capture it all.. Bamboo chimes, love that sound, it's so relaxing...Bar chimes! don't know em...Do they hang like tubular bells then?
I'll post some pics in a minute.

BBFG# wrote: I too, seem to take suggestions from Simon of sound engines to try more seriously than I do many others.
But then you seem to have a pretty selective taste already and don't seem to be the GAS impulse buyer that is so common on these premises.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
I'll post some pics in a minute.
These are the glass chime:

more later...

Sampleconstruct wrote:
more later...
and the bamboo chimes:

Sampleconstruct wrote:
more later...
...and the bar chimes, never heard anything like this, they are very heavy (12+ kg), that's why the left side has to be supported by another drum stand, some amazing textures can be created with these, I also played them with an Allen Wrench, hitting each bar individually moving my way up and down the range, microtonal bliss...

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
more later...
...and the bar chimes, never heard anything like this, they are very heavy (12+ kg), that's why the left side has to be supported by another drum stand, some amazing textures can be created with these, I also played them with an Allen Wrench, hitting each bar individually moving my way up and down the range, microtonal bliss...

[/quote]

That's heavy 12 Kg, worth it though i'll bet. Want...

Sampleconstruct wrote:
BBFG# wrote: I too, seem to take suggestions from Simon of sound engines to try more seriously than I do many others.
But then you seem to have a pretty selective taste already and don't seem to be the GAS impulse buyer that is so common on these premises.
Thank you. I consider that a very nice compliment!
I do have to admit though, that even I succumb to what is known as the 'urgency play' more often than not.
i.e. a 50-90% off sale lasting for only a couple of days increases the odds of me making an impulse purchase. Especially if I already had it on my watch list or it uses samples from D&B corps. (IMVK).

I have to say, my last acquisition effectively cost me nothing.
(The receipt shows a price, an employee's discount and store credit in lieu of commission for a final price of zero. And I've never worked there).
8)

Sampleconstruct wrote:
more later...
...and some awesome temple blocks, deeply sampled (round robin/velocities) and I also played plenty of synced loops until my ears were bleeding:

Return to “patchpool”