What's next on patchpool...

Official support for: patchpool.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I vote for AAS - I use quite a few of their instruments, and they seem to do a good job promoting their designers.
Music you can believe in:
http://rebshaya.com

irvg wrote:I vote for AAS - I use quite a few of their instruments, and they seem to do a good job promoting their designers.
I already did a set for them, the AAS Chromaphone Cardinals, but there are better options right now.

yes, I have that and your other two sets for Chromophone. Their STring Studio is also an excellent instrument.
Music you can believe in:
http://rebshaya.com

irvg wrote:yes, I have that and your other two sets for Chromophone. Their STring Studio is also an excellent instrument.
I never upgraded my String Studio for some reason, it never was my favourite instrument, I did use it a lot when I got the modelling collection for a small fortune back in 2006, with a CD installer in a big shiny box :party:

Sampleconstruct wrote:But I think devs like Dmitry Sches, LinPlug, Tone2, AAS, Xfer, ValhallaDSP, 2CAudio, FXpansion, MOTU, Steinberg, Native Instruments and iZotope are quite happy with the extra promotion they´re getting via patchpool and with most of them I am in regluar contact/communication.
I can confirm that I'm happy. Plus, I just love your sound examples. Even if they feature a competitor's product, I'll still listen and enjoy your work.

Sean Costello

valhallasound wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:But I think devs like Dmitry Sches, LinPlug, Tone2, AAS, Xfer, ValhallaDSP, 2CAudio, FXpansion, MOTU, Steinberg, Native Instruments and iZotope are quite happy with the extra promotion they´re getting via patchpool and with most of them I am in regluar contact/communication.
I can confirm that I'm happy. Plus, I just love your sound examples. Even if they feature a competitor's product, I'll still listen and enjoy your work.

Sean Costello
Thank you, Sean, that makes my late evening :hug:

So the camel is dead, and omnispere 2 is born, we don't know too much about it yet but as a sound designer you would have to be chomping at the bit surely.

On a side note - nice to comment Sean, developers like yourself and Simon really do make a difference. :tu:

afcollett wrote:So the camel is dead, and omnispere 2 is born, we don't know too much about it yet but as a sound designer you would have to be chomping at the bit surely.

On a side note - nice to comment Sean, developers like yourself and Simon really do make a difference. :tu:
Thank you :)

There is nothing in Omni 2 that I don't already have in MachFive, and the granular engine in the video seems more like children's toys with a lack of really in depth grain control - but let's wait another 3 months and see how it actually sounds like in a non-promo video where you drag some music into a granulator and show off the typical granular effects.

If it can actually granulate multisampled instruments with round robin and velocities like HALion, M5 (and Alchemy) and gives us control over all the relevant granular parameters like e.g. in HALion 5, then I might be interested (but the video leaves me in doubt here). As I never used Omni before, I would have to buy a box for € 400 without the ability to demo it it seems, so I would try to get my hands on it at a friends place first.

So I am not at all hyped by any of this, maybe it will come to me one day.

How about making sounds for Kaivo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vckMPWtwDXk
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:How about making sounds for Kaivo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vckMPWtwDXk
It doesn't click with me.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:How about making sounds for Kaivo?
It doesn't click with me.
It doesn't with me either.
Loving HALion5 though.

I'll get anything Simon for Halion 5, it is great! At least the Sonic Cinema banks sounds kept bring smiles to my face.
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
anxiousmofo wrote:I have bought a couple of instruments because you made presets for them, and considered a few others. I hope devs recognize this and that you find a good solution for your future business model.
Some devs do indeed recognize my work for their instruments, so did Camel some years ago, but all negotiations for closer collaborations were not fruitful as they wanted all the control and did not want to make compromises concerning the marketing and distribution, so I never agreed with their offers and only once worked for them in the Dream Voices library.

But I think devs like Dmitry Sches, LinPlug, Tone2, AAS, Xfer, ValhallaDSP, 2CAudio, FXpansion, MOTU, Steinberg, Native Instruments and iZotope are quite happy with the extra promotion they´re getting via patchpool and with most of them I am in regluar contact/communication.
I seem to have bought all these manufacturers engines, except, Tone2, FXpansion. But not much other third party soundware from others than patchpool.. I've found it quite invigorating to have Simon as my sound engine finder, there's so much out nowadays that I'd likely use even less time on creating tracks if I had to check every newly released instrument.. Only thing I might get that Simon does not seem interested in is Bazille so I can learn something about the old ways of synthesis..

It might seem like a crazy approach financially, but I see it as both a learning process to get familiar with the different tools, see what Simon can do with them, and as I work out my tracks begin to modify patches and let the light of understanding and comfortable familiarity grow slowly, so over a period of years I'll master the tools that work best with my vision. Also as some may fall to the wayside as developers leave the scene , I'm sure to be left at least with a few survivors.. NI MOTU, IZotope, Steinberg and a couple of the smaller developers will likely make it through.. Times are changing it seems..
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
anxiousmofo wrote:I have bought a couple of instruments because you made presets for them, and considered a few others. I hope devs recognize this and that you find a good solution for your future business model.
But I think devs like Dmitry Sches, LinPlug, Tone2, AAS, Xfer, ValhallaDSP, 2CAudio, FXpansion, MOTU, Steinberg, Native Instruments and iZotope are quite happy with the extra promotion they´re getting via patchpool and with most of them I am in regluar contact/communication.
I've found it quite invigorating to have Simon as my sound engine finder, there's so much out nowadays that I'd likely use even less time on creating tracks, if I had to check every newly released instrument..
I too, seem to take suggestions from Simon of sound engines to try more seriously than I do many others.
Just spent the last half hour checking out the 2CA Kaleidoscope. Wondering how this one slipped by me and is now 'on my watch list' as I check it out further and hope for a sale.

Return to “patchpool”