What's next on patchpool...

Official support for: patchpool.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just some info for you concerning upcoming releases and projects:

After the release of MetaVox for Alchemy in early Septembre I will proceed with a sound library for MachFive 3. I bought a celtic harp for this project and will also include other multisampled instruments, but there will also be sounds in there which only use MachFIve's synth engines. The pre-order announcement for this library will be made soon.

Simultaneously I will also work on my first library for HALion 5, focussing more on cinematic soundscapes but also on orchestral brass sounds, so actually I'm shifting the Dark Brass project which I had planned for Alchemy to HALion. After the release of MetaVox I think I will wait for Alchemy version 2 to be released before producing more libraries for it.

Producing more sounds for the Iris subscription is always on the agenda of course and I also have some Kontakt stuff sitting here, waiting to be released.

Currently we're pimping the patchpool website a bit, so that navigating through the growing product family is less convoluted.

Stay tuned...

Simon
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Update

The new navigation on the website is now implemented, just click on the "Patches" link at the upper left, a dropdown menue unfolds with links to all the products, Alchemy and NI have submenues.

I still have to edit all the Kontakt product-pages, as this is a manual copy+paste job to transfer the css-scripts which takes ages to do, but all the main pages have already been changed.

http://www.patchpool.de

Sampleconstruct wrote:Just some info for you concerning upcoming releases and projects:

After the release of MetaVox for Alchemy in early Septembre I will proceed with a sound library for MachFive 3. I bought a celtic harp for this project and will also include other multisampled instruments, but there will also be sounds in there which only use MachFIve's synth engines. The pre-order announcement for this library will be made soon.

Simultaneously I will also work on my first library for HALion 5, focussing more on cinematic soundscapes but also on orchestral brass sounds, so actually I'm shifting the Dark Brass project which I had planned for Alchemy to HALion. After the release of MetaVox I think I will wait for Alchemy version 2 to be released before producing more libraries for it.

Producing more sounds for the Iris subscription is always on the agenda of course and I also have some Kontakt stuff sitting here, waiting to be released.

Currently we're pimping the patchpool website a bit, so that navigating through the growing product family is less convoluted.

Stay tuned...

Simon
Interesting read. I'm looking forward to more Iris Patches, and really interested in the Mach Five project. Halion 5 gets the dark brass sounds? Whew, more engines to buy. Luckily the Mach Five and Halion samplers are top notch tools and I imagine that they would likely complement one another as well, but this is just speculation on my part...
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

TwoToneshuzz wrote: Interesting read. I'm looking forward to more Iris Patches, and really interested in the Mach Five project. Halion 5 gets the dark brass sounds? Whew, more engines to buy. Luckily the Mach Five and Halion samplers are top notch tools and I imagine that they would likely complement one another as well, but this is just speculation on my part...
Yes, I think they compliment each other, M5 has more synthesis options (FM/Wavetable), more complex modulation routings, scripting options and better FX, HALion 5 has a more advanced granular engine and also a great sounding synth, but no scripting and a more clumsy modulation system via an old school Modmatrix. But they're both very complete sound design tools and I just needed to get away from Alchemy for a while and explore new territories. Let's see how it goes, apparently M5 isn't very popular but I'll try my best to promote my upcoming libraries for it...

Sampleconstruct wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote: Interesting read. I'm looking forward to more Iris Patches, and really interested in the Mach Five project. Halion 5 gets the dark brass sounds? Whew, more engines to buy. Luckily the Mach Five and Halion samplers are top notch tools and I imagine that they would likely complement one another as well, but this is just speculation on my part...
Yes, I think they compliment each other, M5 has more synthesis options (FM/Wavetable), more complex modulation routings, scripting options and better FX, HALion 5 has a more advanced granular engine and also a great sounding synth, but no scripting and a more clumsy modulation system via an old school Modmatrix. But they're both very complete sound design tools and I just needed to get away from Alchemy for a while and explore new territories. Let's see how it goes, apparently M5 isn't very popular but I'll try my best to promote my upcoming libraries for it...
Ya lets popularize some other sampler/synth platforms, makes for a more healthy competitive enviroment. I for one am going for Mach Five in the near future. And judging by the work Steinberg has done on Padshop Pro, Halion should be stable and intuitive to use..

A little update of things to come:
I am now beginning a little recycling phase and will be releasing sample-based patches for Alchemy and Kontakt using some selected samples from my recent releases for MachFive 3 and HALion 5.

Currently I am updating Alchemistry Metallurgy adding new Thai Gongs and Singing Bowl-sounds, as these fit perfectly with the metallurgical theme of that library. The update should be ready within a few days, all Metallurgy customers will be able to upgrade at a reasonable price, the regular price for that library will then be raised.
----
The website is currently being revamped changing everything to html5, a new navigation and more will be implemented, so expect a fresh patchpool look within the next weeks.

Stay tuned...

That sounds like a great plan! I know I'm loving the Mach Five Scattered Entity sounds, and the Halion 5, Sonic Cinema is really exquisitely and imaginatively done, so the other users who don't have these engines but do have Alchemy or Kontakt are in for a treat!

TwoToneshuzz wrote:That sounds like a great plan! I know I'm loving the Mach Five Scattered Entity sounds, and the Halion 5, Sonic Cinema is really exquisitely and imaginatively done, so the other users who don't have these engines but do have Alchemy or Kontakt are in for a treat!

Thank's, Wade!

Sampleconstruct wrote:A little update of things to come:
I am now beginning a little recycling phase and will be releasing sample-based patches for Alchemy and Kontakt using some selected samples from my recent releases for MachFive 3 and HALion 5.

Currently I am updating Alchemistry Metallurgy adding new Thai Gongs and Singing Bowl-sounds, as these fit perfectly with the metallurgical theme of that library. The update should be ready within a few days, all Metallurgy customers will be able to upgrade at a reasonable price, the regular price for that library will then be raised.
This is evolving into a major update, once I start I can't stop, as usual. There will be about 1+ Gigabyte of samples added to Alchemistry Metallurgy and something like 20+ new patches. Bowed and beaten vibraphone, barrel soudns, Thai Gongs (I only had 2 when doing Metallurgy, now I have eight) and Singing Bowl-sounds, steel plant field recordings, tubular windchimes, bar chimes, shipbell sounds and waterphone gongs. I might even sample some more bells as I bought so many different ones since the release of Metallurgy, we'll see...

Here is a video improvising with two of the new patches - "Turning Thai Gongs" (from Scattered Entity) - 8 multisampled gongs, moving them between the 3 mics (L-C-R) in the decay phase - 5x round robin, 2 velocity layers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO2RNBDqikE

would love to see a strings cinematic stuff for HALion 5 (phrases & ambient)
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 11 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 13 / VEP7 / 24 ch X-Touch / Console 1 /Metagrid Pro / Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2 / Roli Seabord

Home Studio 87 wrote:would love to see a strings cinematic stuff for HALion 5 (phrases & ambient)
Thank's for you input - that's actually on the todo-list for HALion, string chamber-ensemble (6-8 players) recorded in a bigger studio environment and some solo strings (cello/viola/violin) recorded dry in my own studio, but it'll take time to do and other things are first right now.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Here is a video improvising with two of the new patches - "Turning Thai Gongs" (from Scattered Entity) - 8 multisampled gongs, moving them between the 3 mics (L-C-R) in the decay phase - 5x round robin, 2 velocity layers:

Nice stuff!

Firebird wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Here is a video improvising with two of the new patches - "Turning Thai Gongs" (from Scattered Entity) - 8 multisampled gongs, moving them between the 3 mics (L-C-R) in the decay phase - 5x round robin, 2 velocity layers:

Nice stuff!
Thank's!

The next projects:
I've started recycling samples from my library Framedrum for Alchemy and I'm creating patches for MachFive with those, so they will become part of Scattered Entity Vol. 2. I will hire/buy more exotic percussion instruments for that volume and extensively sample another instrument which I haven't decided on, I'm leaning towards a Sarod which I could buy in India at a good price.

Then there is also a 2nd set for Spectral in the making. The new website is almost ready too, yay...

Return to “patchpool”