[poll] Change the KVR contest voting scheme?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?

Which voting scheme would be best?

1-10 points to any number of songs
21%
A certain amount of points to distribute between entries
7%
Classic top ten
72%

Total votes: 29

RELATED
PRODUCTS

This question came up while discussing the automatic voting system for the montly contest. The ideas are:

1. Allow voters to give 1-10 points to as many entries as they wish. This would eliminate the need for HMs.

2. Give each voter a certain amount of voting points (s)he can assign to as many entries as (s)he wishes. Perhaps with a limit on the maximum points per entry to prevent misuse.

3. Keep it the way it is. Vote for 10 songs (10 points to the first song...1 point to the last) with HMs as a comment.

If you have any other ideas, feel free to post them.
the the impotence of proofreading

i voted 3 ...

1 is too inconsistent and open to abuse IMHO

2 could work but a limit on maximum score for any one entry is a GOOD idea

3 i still like ... nice & simple

slainte :ud: rob

I voted 1, but on a second thought, 2 with a vote limit would be better indeed. Actually, with 55 voting points and a 10 points per entry limit it could be used as the classic top ten at the same time giving more freedom to the voters.

edit: Still, as far as I can see, we'll just stick to the classic top ten.

i'm classic.

I give 7 points to 3 and 3 points to 1... Does that result in option 2?

I guess :)

Classic!

Though I'd also go for the notion of "Fixed number of points to distribute amongst any number of entries, but no more than 10 points to any one entry".

But *only* if the process gets automated. Otherwise, it's an extra tally for the point-keeper, which sucks!

- m
Markleford's band, The James Rocket: http://www.TheJamesRocket.com/
Markleford's tracks: http://www.markleford.com/music/
Markleford's free MFX, DXi2, DR-008 modules: http://www.TenCrazy.com/

I have no problems with the current system - but the Top 10 should become the Top 20 if there are more than about 80 entries, and the Top 5 if there are less than about 20.
Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so.

Markleford wrote:Classic!

Though I'd also go for the notion of "Fixed number of points to distribute amongst any number of entries, but no more than 10 points to any one entry".

But *only* if the process gets automated. Otherwise, it's an extra tally for the point-keeper, which sucks!
Of course! That's only an idea for automatic voting count.
slartibartfast wrote:I have no problems with the current system - but the Top 10 should become the Top 20 if there are more than about 80 entries, and the Top 5 if there are less than about 20.
We could make the number of voting points (option 2)proportional to the number of entries to achieve this automatically.

DELETED

i voted 1 just to make robs job harder each month :hihi:

really i voted 3 :)

I vote for 2. Seems absurd to assume that the 10th entry is 1/10th as good as the 1st entry. The 'distributed votes' scheme seems much fairer to me. I agree with Markleford's 10 point limit idea though, to prevent abuse (frontrunners giving outsiders all their points, etc).
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

griels - you should see how our political system works :-o

:lol: About to find out in fact :)
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

Return to “Site Stuff”