Suggestion for Market Place: License Transfer links sticky

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There has been a spate of software put up on the Market Place recently whereupon folks say "they don't do transfers" or "it's a sample lib, can't transfer" and the sellers seem completely unaware of the issue.

I realise there is a blurb in the forum rules about obtaining permission. I'm wondering would it be desirable/possible to place a sticky in the Market Place forum that contains links to vendor's license transfer polices where known, and in absence of that last known status. Something like:

SmallPlugGuy: http://www.smallplugguy.com/support/license.html

BigPlugVendor: has been known to allow, must contact vendor at support@BigPlugVendor.com first.

Anybody think this will help?
Regards, Mike

Great idea!

It'll help a bit, but some people wont look anyways. Still better to make as much as clear as possible, IMO.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

First, it's not clear how to leave an initial message here, but here goes. Over the years, I've notice that many links go nowhere. Is there no one at KVR to monitor these? I don't mind so much when a ink is really old--things change. But the newer ones are annoying. The listing for NexSyn by KeyToSound is a good example. It's new. THis link leads to a webhosting outfit in Denmark? No download link there . . no English there. I paid good money for Nexsyn a few years ago and wated to re-authrize. I have the orig disk and activation card, but wen I try the code, I'm told it's invalid. This is listed as a FREE synth for download on KVR. Not so. I bought it and now it's free, except it isn't since the site doesn't exist. Any ideas? Any way I can re-activate my Nexsyn? Anyway KVR could police itself better?

Adagio
Washington State

adagio wrote:Any way I can re-activate my Nexsyn? Anyway KVR could police itself better?
It's a lot of work to keep up with what is a huge number of companies offering music software, most of which are small (one person) and virtual. When they go out of business or simply stop responding, there's little to be done. I think this is simply the reality of the business.
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey

adagio wrote:Is there no one at KVR to monitor these?
Monitor? How exactly?
I don't mind so much when a ink is really old--things change. But the newer ones are annoying. The listing for NexSyn by KeyToSound is a good example. It's new.
Nope. KeyToSound have been out of business for at least a year I think.
Anyway KVR could police itself better?
Which part of KVR? the members, the volunteer moderators, or the one single person who administrates this not-for-profit community on behalf of his employers who actually have a business website for him to run while he's at it?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Thanks. Appreciate it. Going to the retailer. Maybe they'll do a deal.

Return to “Site Stuff”