RFC - Review Shakeup

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For some reason this thread has appeared mid-way down in my customized 'Latest Posts' column over there -----> for the past month. And I don't even have it set up to watch the Announcements forum. So I'm posting here only in hope that the thing goes away.

From two minutes ago:

Now it's at the top of my list, yet Announcements is still not in supposed to be in there. Is there some kind of override to force stuff in this forum to show up in all Latest Posts columns?

Also note the old wikitalk posts in there. Curious. And I just noticed another Announcements post above this one.

...waits for Arnold Schwartzenegger to show up....

Devon
Simple music philosophy - Those who can, make music. Those who can't, make excuses.
Read my VST reviews at Traxmusic!

Yes it's (obviously)showing up on my Latest Posts list today as well and I don't have Announcements selected. Not getting the WikiTalk threads though. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

same here

just popped in my latest too, and it's not even one of the sections i have in it (BTW, oldest alive thread?)

Lot of us have favorites that NO ONE talkes about, and it might get some more chatter around some of the more obsure plugins.
tonyroberts09

Could it be because the OP is Ben?

So, I've only read the OP and the first page & 1/2 replies, but I think it's a smashing idea, Ben. I like the pro/con list especially. And while I think ratings should go away - not a big fan of "rating" systems - I certainly don't feel strongly enough to make a big stink one way or another.

A nice piece of programming might be, and I've seen this on a development platform I was working on, is a "Discuss this review in the forums" button. So there's no comments cluttering up the reviews that need to be moderated, but a product being reviewed has a dedicated thread where the discussion can take place. So if a dev wants to discuss or contest a reviews summations they have a venue.

Just a thought.
Now Somewhat Retired

Funny though, this was originally proposed over four years ago without action since. I guess it wasn't a top priority for Muse. Too bad, there were some good ideas floated on this one.

Return to “Site Stuff”