Scrollbar.

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I tried the dark theme. It didn't affect the scrollbar.
My Firefox browser themes doesn't affect the scrollbar.
If i understand correctly it is only the websites that can affect browser scrollbar nowadays?
By the css file.
Could someone please change the scrollbar colors from two shades of gray to gray and white.
More contrast please.

We don't mess with the scrollbar.

Are you using Firefox? Mozilla seem to have made a mad decision to dynamically recolour scrollbars ?!?!?

I can't even find where to switch to a dark theme. Any pointers?

Ben [KVR] wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:22 am We don't mess with the scrollbar.
Are you using Firefox? Mozilla seem to have made a mad decision to dynamically recolour scrollbars ?!?!?
Something fishy is going on here. It is also different graphics compared to the three other sites i checked.
Yours seem to be flattened.

I think Firefox now recolours the scrollbar based on the background colour of the website.

paterpeter wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:41 am I can't even find where to switch to a dark theme. Any pointers?
Check this out:
https://userstyles.org/styles/52291/kvr-dark-theme

The forum at www.kvraudio.com is the only section on the site that has a lousy scrollbar.
The rest like news,deals, reviews etc has either a background that is very dark gray and makes a good contrast to the light gray bar or white 3d style with small black lines on the bar and black outlining.
I'm tired of click and miss and the page jumps.

Saffran wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:14 pm
paterpeter wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:41 am I can't even find where to switch to a dark theme. Any pointers?
Check this out:
https://userstyles.org/styles/52291/kvr-dark-theme
Thanks. So this just injects stylesheets after the site has loaded using some third party browser plugin and only on desktop systems, right? I thought we were talking about a proper dark theme :neutral:

Sorry, can't give much help with how it works.
I only did a test. Installed it. Forum changed color.
I was logged in on the forum while i installed it.
Didn't solve my problem so i uninstalled it.
PS. I did install it twice because the first time it only added itself to Firefox with some needed rights.
Second time did the trick.

In Firefox you can type about:config in the address bar, confirm that you´re careful and then search for widget.disable-dark-scrollbar
Change its value to true.

Thanks Beachboy!
That did the trick.
Much better now. :tu:

thank you both :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Site Stuff”