Just closing derailed threads is not the solution...

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:04 pm
perfumer wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:03 pm It's a lot of work, removing offtopic posts from every thread. The mods are not reading everything, just when notified. And don't get paid much. So lets be realistic.

vurt wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:58 pm but yes, you're right, i should be permabanned for talking nonsense. its such a crime in this day and age, when the whole world makes so much sense...
Well if you're offtopic all the time, then..........
tbh, i rarely am ot, it's all about perspective.
Let's just agree to disagree.

And I'm not a mod, neither are you, so.........

never claimed i was :shrug:

also, im pretty sure you're incorrect regarding their payment? i dont think they are paid at all. which is one reason i respect them all greatly, putting up with this place for nothing :hail:

Reefius wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:09 pm Anyway, I just got annoyed that it seems to be impossible to have a proper thread here about Massive X.
It is annoying indeed. Seems like some people just can't live with a decent product from NI. It has its quirks, and it's far from being perfect, but, when i read all the complaints, i have to wonder what you have to be smoking to be that far from reality.

At the very least, you can just walk past and move on.

Would you be that upset if a thread about a synth that you don't like went off topic or if a synth you didn't like received complaints ?
Last edited by Teksonik on Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

vurt wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:13 pm never claimed i was :shrug:

also, im pretty sure you're incorrect regarding their payment? i dont think they are paid at all. which is one reason i respect them all greatly, putting up with this place for nothing :hail:
TBH, I doubt that they are working for free. This is the USA, the land of capitalism and money first.

But this is none of my business, and once again we're going offtopic....

chk071 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:13 pm
Reefius wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:09 pm Anyway, I just got annoyed that it seems to be impossible to have a proper thread here about Massive X.
It is annoying indeed. Seems like some people just can't live with a decent product from NI. It has its quirks, and it's far from being perfect, but, when i read all the complaints, i have to wonder what you have to be smoking to be that far from reality.

This kind of thinking is exactly the reason why such threads get derailed and then legitimately closed by an admin imho.
Someone thinks that instrument X is amazing and everyone else not sharing his point of view and enthusiasm must be on drugs.

Then of course, people start to defend their opinions and plugins. Nobody ever would admit that he is wrong and everthing goes the way it has to.
Last edited by enCiphered on Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I was informed by a Mod they are indeed unpaid volunteers.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

enCiphered wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:30 pm
chk071 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:13 pm

This kind of thinking is exactly the reason why such threads get derailed and then legitimately closed by an admin imho.
Someone thinks that instrument X is amazing and everyone else not sharing his point of view and enthusiasm must be on drugs.

Then of course, people start to defend their opinions and plugins. Nobody ever would admit that he is wrong and everthing goes the way it has to.
So, claiming that a plugin causes wrist strain and similar BS is "not sharing the enthusiasm about the plugin". I see.

Anyway, i don't think i even care about another thread about MX. It'll be full of shit quicker than i can say "shit" anyway. Pointless. If i want to talk about the plugin, i can also go to the official NI forum.

perfumer wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:23 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:13 pm never claimed i was :shrug:

TBH, I doubt that they are working for free. This is the USA, the land of capitalism and money first.

But this is none of my business, and once again we're going offtopic....
Woot? No mod gets paid anything here. Just like on any other internet forum.

Also, isn’t KVR a UK based site rather than US?

chk071 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:59 pm So, claiming that a plugin causes wrist strain and similar BS is "not sharing the enthusiasm about the plugin".
So, claiming for years Dune 2/3 are not "punchy" or "snappy" or whatever meaningless nonsense word you want to make up is ok but god forbid anyone insults your favorite plugin ?

Whatever son.......... :roll:

A Malcolm X sinthesiser? How fathinating. Proceed.

Teksonik wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:14 pm
chk071 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:59 pm So, claiming that a plugin causes wrist strain and similar BS is "not sharing the enthusiasm about the plugin".
So, claiming for years Dune 2/3 are not "punchy" or "snappy" or whatever meaningless nonsense word you want to make up is ok but god forbid anyone insults your favorite plugin ?

See that's your problem. You're just completely emotional, and can't stand it when people dislike the stuff you're liking. Yes, i criticized Dune for certain aspects of its sound. No, i never said that it is incomplete, shouldn't have released in its current state, or causes wrist strain. If you're not capable of distinguishing between specific, and well explained complaints (which you don't have to share, of course), and BS, then it's not my problem. I don't understand why you take offense with what i said anyway, as, as far as i can tell, you are in no way even affiliated with the plugin in any way. Or are you?

That's not the point anyway. The point is that people seem to be criticizing MX because it's a NI plugin. Like "Hahaha... the biggest player in the business releases such a crap.". And that's the thing that really annoys me. Because it's not a valid complaint, just a shitstorm, also aimed at the people who actually happen to like the plugin. Just the same kind of attitude which is so prominent in most internet forums these days, mostly coming from uninspired, untalented farts, who rather spend their time being negative on the internet, than do something good with their time... anything is better than to spend most of your time being a miserable internet user.
Last edited by chk071 on Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teksonik wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:14 pm

im getting the feeling this isnt really about my brand of off topic nonsense (to those who dont understand) as i dont really get involved in shit storms :)

carry on :)

also, im a fan of massivex.

Return to “Site Stuff”