Discord

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How about an official KVR discord server?

I know someone tried making their own one before but did anything become of it?

Ping.

i would like to know as well.

My boomer brain needs to be educated: wtf is Discord? I'm figuring it out.
Will it add something significant to KvrAudio.com? I'm not so sure yet, will have to think about it...
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

del
Last edited by seangm on Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Discord, as far as my old bones can figure, is basically irc with some visual and real-time audio/video rooms.

Great for a group of coders coding in different locations, and gamers gaming in different locations. but I don't see a benefit for musician/production collabs.. maybe for plugin development? I'd be surprised if none of the major devs didn't use it next to slack and that other one.

So, open and private chat rooms. Not for me. I can't see how kvr members might actually benefit from something like that; everything's on the website.. so, I guess we'll survive without one until someone tries again.

Real time audio-video argument about Live v Bitwig, or discussion about which is the best synth, or even HPC topics?

Priceless.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

BertKoor wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:56 am My boomer brain needs to be educated: wtf is Discord? I'm figuring it out.
Sometimes it's a bliss to stay ignorant.

Jokes aside though, it's a chat and voice tool. I never used it though. And I'm doubtful that I will use it anytime soon.

revvy wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:46 am Real time audio-video argument about Live v Bitwig, or discussion about which is the best synth, or even HPC topics?

Priceless.
Nah... with instant messaging and voice chat, chances are higher that people stay civilized. ;)

Don't open the political can of worms though...

chk071 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:57 am

Don't open the political can of worms though...
I say the same to you ;)
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Seriously though, live chat with _______ (insert name off your KVR ’nemesis’ ) would be good for lulz.

I always join Discords under someone else's username.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

revvy wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:01 am Seriously though, live chat with _______ (insert name off your KVR ’nemesis’ ) would be good for lulz.
we used to mirc all the time.
that was the old kvr though ...
never saw a single argument tbh, people seem a bit less angst in real time when they don't get to sit and take umbrage over time before replying.

vurt wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:41 pm
revvy wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:01 am Seriously though, live chat with _______ (insert name off your KVR ’nemesis’ ) would be good for lulz.
never saw a single argument tbh, people seem a bit less angst in real time when they don't get to sit and take umbrage over time before replying.
Yeah I know I’m just joking.

I’m never angsty in real life… ;)

revvy wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:00 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:41 pm
Yeah I know I’m just joking.

I’m never angsty in real life… ;)
not even when someone says "oh a bass, could you not count to six strings?" :hihi:

Return to “Site Stuff”