Discussion about companies/individuals recommending their own products in unrelated threads

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Problem is the definition of what's reasonable or not, i guess. As you can see, there's quite a divergence in opinions about what is reasonable.

If the recommendation is correct, surely other people would suggest the same thing and the developer wouldn't have to do it.

chk071 wrote: Why disallow things at all? For me, it's rather a question of whether or not companies or individuals want to be seen as valid forum members, or advertising bots .
that's the thing, while im not bothered by it, it doesn't inspire me with an urge to purchase anything if only the vendor is promoting it, in fact its probably the opposite :)

but im not in a position where i have to sell product to pay bills, maybe if i was id use any avenue available too :shrug:

funny thread ... Kaviar is and always has been a big advertising adventure with a big surrounding bubble of mere male G.A.S.tritis.
:borg: :lol:
"It dreamed itself along"

vurt wrote:
chk071 wrote: Why disallow things at all? For me, it's rather a question of whether or not companies or individuals want to be seen as valid forum members, or advertising bots .
that's the thing, while im not bothered by it, it doesn't inspire me with an urge to purchase anything if only the vendor is promoting it, in fact its probably the opposite :)

but im not in a position where i have to sell product to pay bills, maybe if i was id use any avenue available too :shrug:
Yes, it must be tough out there, there is more and more developers and hence competition. I don't think I would want to get into that niche industry...

fluffy_little_something wrote:
chk071 wrote:I think wagtunes' view is a bit black and white anyway. Why not make companies or individuals think, or present a different view? Why a petition to prevent things? Why disallow things at all? For me, it's rather a question of whether or not companies or individuals want to be seen as valid forum members, or advertising bots, to put it drastically. See, i'd like to see George as a forum member, for example, but, i can't, with his endless promotion of his products in threads where people seriously ask for a good recommendation for synth XY. Discovery Pro is neither a good "allround synth", nor is it a recommendation for about any request for a synth with features XY. Just an example. Although i really don't know anyone else who is so prominent with suggesting his own stuff. It just makes his whole company seem a bit silly in my eyes. YMMV.
I assume he is selling few licenses and having a hard time. I am sorry if that's true.
I just think it would make more sense to bring some major upgrade to his portfolio so he can compete with the leading developers. D and DP for instance seem a bit dated. I would only get something like that if I needed to import and export Nord Lead patches. Other than that, I would never spend so much money on such a basic synth. Sorry to say that...

Maybe George feels he has some catching up to do? He's been 'off the grid' for a very long time, about a year or so?

I don't remember him doing that much self-promoting before he went OTG.

Freaking Snowflakes get everywhere
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I see absolutely nothing wrong with it.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Return to “Site Stuff”