Can we get a like button here?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

low_low wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:
low_low wrote:Yes a like button! My posts are amazing! It would make it easier for my fans to show they care.
I reiterate it's not a popularity contest.
Seriously? How much of a loser does one need to be to thrive off of internet likes? :shrug:

Anyway just putting it out there, I’m not overly fussed either way.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

low_low wrote:Yes a like button! My posts are amazing! It would make it easier for my fans to show they care.

We use a like system on The FLipside. No dislike button, only likes.

That's how it's done on most sites.

We should increase quality, not clicks.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

experimental.crow wrote:
No thanks brother, try tinder!

might get more appropriate attention if I moved this to site stuff, mushy² do you want me to move and leave a shadow topic?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Sometimes I get the urge to click Like, but not much later realize this is not Facebook. KVR is not LinkedIn or Twitter.

Collecting likes is a different game. We don't play that game here. At least, so I thought...

You can express your appreciation in Free Text Format with all emoticons & gifs you can think of. Use that.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Hink wrote:might get more appropriate attention if I moved this to site stuff, mushy² do you want me to move and leave a shadow topic?
Ah yes, forgot about that area of the forum. Yes Hink, please move :tu:

BertKoor wrote:Sometimes I get the urge to click Like, but not much later realize this is not Facebook. KVR is not LinkedIn or Twitter.

Collecting likes is a different game. We don't play that game here. At least, so I thought...

You can express your appreciation in Free Text Format with all emoticons & gifs you can think of. Use that.
I still don't quite understand why some consider it a game. Sure on facebook where it's full of 12 year olds then yes it's a popularity contest but on places like Twitter it works extremely well, not to mention every single other forum I frequent :shrug:

Anyway, as I said just putting it out for discussion with the community.

At first glance I was dead against it, because FB-Likes are empty emotions! (I once read somewhere there are even browser addons which automatically 'Like' every FB page you visit! Don't know if it's true). I'm talking about the FB 'thumbs up' likes.

And here, to show appreciation for a post one can use the :tu:

But it might be useful to have a means to know how many people silently 'like' or 'dislike' a post. That I support! :tu: :)

:ud:
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

ZeePok wrote: 
At first glance I was dead against it, because FB-Likes are empty emotions! (I once read somewhere there are even browser addons which automatically 'Like' every FB page you visit! Don't know if it's true). I'm talking about the FB 'thumbs up' likes.

But it might be useful to have a means to know how many people silently 'like' or 'dislike' a post. That I support! :tu: :)
The problem with liking via a reply is anybody watching the thread is notified. Personally it would drive me spare receiving numerous emails advising me a post is simply "liked". Yes I can turn the notifications off but then what about the genuine ones...

ZeePok wrote: 

I'm sort of in the same boat. Two years ago, i would have been against it, but, now i think it's a valid way to just say "+1", or do a thumbs up. You know, i'm sure there ARE people trying to make a popularity contest out of it, but, i don't think one should dismiss the idea because of the people abusing it. Just like you wouldn't remove forums, just because there are trolls, and self-entitled fools.

Mushy Mushy wrote:My first reaction to a like button is hell no, I hate Facebook however there are lots of threads I read that I’d like to acknowledge although a verbal response isn’t required or truth be told I can’t be arsed replying to properly.

Let’s say one of my KVR “friends” goes on holiday, what can I say to that post, however it would be nice to acknowledge that comment by liking it.

Is this something KVR could implement?
+1.

GS has this, it works very well, and I ... like it.
And other usefull functions as well.
Makes KVR look dated imho.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Return to “Site Stuff”