general Music Cafe discussion thread

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, I don't want to say much to warn or guide, or direct the listener all that much. I may be presenting 'gallery work' eventually but that isn't all that different than the original post which may be half of a WIP. I'm def. not doing doodles or epic 6-hour slogs. I think if it's those extremes fair warning is nice to do.

7 more by the problem child today so I'm gwyne bump Nuages 3 some more again. :scared:
Last edited by jancivil on Sat May 19, 2018 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jancivil wrote:Yeah, I don't want to say much to warn or guide, or direct the listener all that much. I may be presenting 'gallery work' eventually but that isn't all that different than the original post which is half of a WIP. I'm def. not doing doodles or epic 6-hour slogs. I think if it's those extremes fair warning is nice to do.

7 more by the problem child today so I'm gwyne bump Nuages 3 some more again. :scared:
Problem child. LMAO. I love it.

Indeed. Should an artist explain themselves? If the work is finished then there should be no need to explain anything.

EDIT: But I love the mythos that surrounds Silke F.

jancivil wrote:7 more by the problem child today so I'm gwyne bump Nuages 3 some more again. :scared:
Do it. You've got some great work there.

And I dare say that if it wasn't for Silke F, I might not have found your work either as it was her behaviour that persuaded me to check out more of the Music Cafe.

Unaspected wrote:Indeed. Should an artist explain themselves? If the work is finished then there should be no need to explain anything.

EDIT: But I love the mythos that surrounds Silke F.

jancivil wrote:7 more by the problem child today so I'm gwyne bump Nuages 3 some more again. :scared:
Do it. You've got some great work there.

And I dare say that if it wasn't for Silke F, I might not have found your work either as it was her behaviour that persuaded me to check out more of the Music Cafe.
See, there you go. I already bumped, using you as a foil. :love:

jancivil wrote:
is that a new one? i know ive heard some nuages, but not a more recent one.

as for bumping, as you said, it inspired you to bump your satie piece, which for one reason or another id missed previous. so it seems positive more productive methods of dealing with the issue at hand, worked in many ways.
labouring and making it an issue seems to have unleashed a leviathan i don't think any of us expected :hihi:

For the sake of completeness I should add that Silke did, cryptically, reply to my post in the "Black woman says..." thread.

jancivil wrote:Am I the only one who thinks silke has to be a man?
"Silke F" is a concept. ;)

vurt wrote:
jancivil wrote:

as for bumping, as you said, it inspired you to bump your satie piece, which for one reason or another id missed previous. so it seems positive more productive methods of dealing with the issue at hand, worked in many ways.
labouring and making it an issue seems to have unleashed a leviathan i don't think any of us expected :hihi:
Nuages 3 is somewhat new, not brand new.

If this keeps up there may be a veritable festival of my work coming...

Life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

I was in a shit mood when the 10 posts BAMMO came down anyway.

Woodgardens wrote:Interesting, it seems the name 'Silke' comes from 'Caecilius'.

It can be a male or a female name.
In Germany, where the name comes from, it's 100% a female name.

Apart from that, on the German Wikipedia page about the name, it says it hails from "Caecilia". It can also be abbreviate from Gisela, which is another female name.

Anyway, it's a male. Absolutely no doubt. All internet trolls are male.

jancivil wrote:
vurt wrote:
jancivil wrote:

Life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

I was in a shit mood when the 10 posts BAMMO came down anyway.

ill have to check it out.
i sometimes miss additions, maybe frantz has a suggestion how we could identify threads with pieces added later? :hihi:

@chk071

Yup, it usually is, but in the Dutch part of Frisia, I assume, are 91 boys called 'Silke' (2014).

https://www.vernoeming.nl/voornaam/silke

Perhaps a less restrictive set of guidelines than the ones I originally proposed would work. The following are copied directly from another forum. Would some of these work here in the Music Cafe?
Rules for Posting a Song:
1) Please critique 2 or more songs for every song you post.
2) Please post only one song per day.
3) If your song is adult-themed ( i.e. contains overt sexuality or obscene, offensive language, etc.) please tag it or mark it clearly as such.
4) Please indicate the intended genre below the title of your song, and also what kind of a critique you're after. Is this a song that you'll be promoting commercially? Is it a song you wrote simply because you wanted to and you'd like to make it better? The more info people have, the better they'll be able to give you the kind of feedback you're after. And please PLEASE note - if you're not really after critique at all, don't post here. The Artist's Cafe is happy to hear your completed songs. This is the place to post if you want honest feedback and are prepared to take what is given (what you do with it, is of course, up to you).
5) Please post the lyrics along with the clickable link to your song's music.
6) Only post songs you have written or have permission to post. Please don't post cover songs.
7) It is polite to acknowledge critiques, but please don’t overdo it by “bumping” your thread to the top too frequently.
8 ) If you revise the song, please give a date and post on the same thread, or folks will unknowingly still comment on the old one.
9) Please be sure to visit other areas of the board to both learn and spread your knowledge.

Rules for Critiquing a Song:
1) The purpose of this forum is to promote better song writing by providing encouragement and constructive feedback focused on improvement. Strive to be courteous and respectful in your critiques, keeping in mind that we all come to this forum with different perspectives, genre preferences and levels of experience.
2) Offer constructive criticism and suggestions you think may help the writer make the most of his or her vision of where they want to go with their song.
3) If you think something really works, say so. Make an attempt to say why you think it does. If you see areas you think could be improved, explain why you believe they need improvement and offer suggestions, if you have any.

Anonymity often helps us forget that there is a person at the other end of our critique. Imagine, if you can, that you are speaking to the writer face to face.

Frantz tried to make me go to rehab
I said, "no, no, no"

vurt wrote:
jancivil wrote:
vurt wrote:
jancivil wrote: 7 more by the problem child today so I'm gwyne bump Nuages 3 some more again. :scared:

ill have to check it out.
i sometimes miss additions, maybe frantz has a suggestion how we could identify threads with pieces added later? :hihi:
I think all [4?] what's in that thread are in the thread title.

Frantz wrote: And please PLEASE note - if you're not really after critique at all, don't post here. The Artist's Cafe is happy to hear your completed songs. .

woahhhhhh nelly?

Return to “Site Stuff”