general Music Cafe discussion thread

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sjm: You're late to the party. The discussion moved on since the first post. You might want to catch up on the thread and weigh in again. ;)

sjm wrote:
Frantz wrote: * for users to complain about other users spamming the Cafe?
Depends if I can complain about people complaining about spamming the cafe or not. If I can't, I'd definitely complain about that.
If we can't have complaining about complaining, what IS KVR then? :lol:

Frantz wrote:sjm: You're late to the party. The discussion moved on since the first post. You might want to catch up on the thread and weigh in again. ;)
I've read the whole thread. I'm essentially agreeing with the pragmatists.

jancivil wrote:
wagtunes wrote: First off, I just listened to Silke's latest post and really liked it. In fact, I'd say it's my favorite of all the things she's posted, for whatever that's worth.
Not much, no offense, but that's not the topic. We're here because of "Silke F" and the obtuse lack of consideration or engagement. Should there be guidelines, probably. If not, well I don't rely on this place to listen to music. Elbo mentioned teh EDM kiddies (which does nicely foreshadow the Silke brouhaha) and that kind of thing itself is overwhelming at times; so me commenting on much, I won't comment on what I don't like. You do not want that! I can go to Youtube which is where I look to listen. The only skin off my ass personally was I wanted Nuages 3 heard and if you're like me you may not even bother with page 2, even.
No, it's not the topic. And I only pointed it out as an aside to show that, whatever her motives (do we really know anybody's motives?) she does make music.

As you didn't address the rest of my post, I'll assume you had no problem with it, or at least not enough to take the time to comment.

Another thing about this place that drives me mad. You make a 10 paragraph post and somebody quotes 3 words that you said that they have a problem with it and turns it into a big thing, ignoring everything else you've said that they might have actually agreed with or, at the very least, didn't find offensive.

Gotta love KVR.

/s

wagtunes wrote:Gotta love KVR.
I actually find it pretty awful. :x :x :x :x

:wink:

wagtunes wrote:
jancivil wrote:
wagtunes wrote: First off, I just listened to Silke's latest post and really liked it. In fact, I'd say it's my favorite of all the things she's posted, for whatever that's worth.
Not much, no offense, but that's not the topic. .
No, it's not the topic. And I only pointed it out as an aside to show that, whatever her motives (do we really know anybody's motives?) she does make music.

As you didn't address the rest of my post, I'll assume you had no problem with it, or at least not enough to take the time to comment.
I don't have any real problems with anything here at the moment, 'just sayin'.

so one thread is too few and 3 threads is too many.
i propose that frantz is in fact goldilocks, a known porridge thief and house breaker.

Don't look now but there is another Silke F eruption in progress. Hink already deleted two Music Cafe posts with the titles "Nazi Love" and "Adolf Hitler." Charming music, I'm sure.

You know, if you listen to this track of hers...

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9UJ6ZOplKk"

It's obvious it's just a loop played over and over.

I speculate that the other posts mentioned above are in rebellion against the crusade against her.

At least I post complete songs that had much thought and effort put into them, even if people generally hate Vocaloid.

Just sayin'

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
vurt wrote:porridge thief.
:o :o
I would never steal oatmeal. We don't call it porridge in this neck of the woods.

However, my wife knows that if she leaves out bags of popcorn, I cannot be held responsible for my actions. :help:

vurt wrote:so one thread is too few and 3 threads is too many.
i propose that frantz is in fact goldilocks, a known porridge thief and house breaker.
:lol:

Per the previous post, now I know what porridge is. Me, I'm cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.

Here we go. Massive post:

jancivil wrote:
Unaspected wrote: Considering how this started, I think a single PM to a mod would have been a better way to do things, rather than seeking validation by derailing someone else's thread - even if the OP isn't replying. That said, if the user that was being discussed is a troll then you can't really derail the threads started by such a person.
From my perspective all bets were off due to the nature of this. Did no one PM a moderator? I didn't think it even close to reportable. Seeking validation, well everyone that posts music is to a smaller or larger extent.
I meant that anyone who was so upset by whatever this was, would probably have saved some face were they to keep quiet and PM a moderator. Because it's not a good look. The term "attempting to raise a linch mob" could be exchanged with "seeking validation" in this case.

Aliens wrote:Too many rules, and what for? Hurt feelings and/or jealousy? Can't be for simplicity. Looks like control freaking to settle agendas.
I would hope not. But I really couldn't say.

whyterabbyt wrote:
Frantz wrote:Since I started the thread, I should probably add my two cents. I think the following set of Music Cafe guidelines would discourage inconsiderate behavior and reduce controversies in the future:

1. You are allowed to start one new thread per week. It can be a completed track, a WIP, or doodle. Individual track submissions will provide more focused feedback but album submissions are also permitted. The thread must contain more than just a link. There should be some explanation of your submission. It is helpful to indicate if you are looking for a specific kind of feedback. Listing instruments or equipment used is encouraged.

2. You are allowed to bump one of your tracks per week. Of course, you can make an unlimited number of replies to other posters and active conversations are encouraged. But self-bumps by the OP that add nothing new are restricted to one per week.

3. You are expected to acknowledge feedback. Posting your music and ignoring feedback is inconsiderate.

4. For every thread you start, you are expected to give feedback to at least one other poster. The feedback can be as brief as "cool track" but you should participate in other threads at least in a small way.

5. You cannot repost an old song in a new thread. Just bump the original thread. An exception can be made if the prior thread is very old and has a lot of irrelevant information.

6. Each thread is specific to the music or submission in the first post. If you want to submit more music, wait one week and start another thread. Endlessly self-bumped "Wagtunes Corner"-style threads are not permitted.

7. Your submission must be your creation. Remixes or bootlegs of other artists' material are not permitted. Cover versions (a new performance of someone else's song) are allowed.
I for one welcome our new music fascist overlords.
Hehe! Absolutely.

This is moderator work, not something I would expect a forum user to care about. Unless this is Frantz's bid for modship? Modhood? Modification? I don't know what the term would be.

Enough rules in the real world. Do we need so many here? Most users are going to follow a pattern that pleases others. We don't need blanket rules made up to control the actions of an individual to punish the many.

whyterabbyt wrote:
chk071 wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote: I for one welcome our new music fascist overlords.
Are you talking about Silke F?
Why, did SilkeF also post a ludicrously restrictive set of rules to make people follow when posting music in the Cafe?
This, I would love to see. If Silke F can even be bothered to read this thread. Maybe a guide to the correct way to listen to her music and then reply? Maybe even a reply template. Or better yet, some copypasta for everyone!

whyterabbyt wrote:
elassi wrote:My suggestion: Mods lock any Silke-F-thread as soon as it appears.

Because s/he is not answering anyway, it doesn't matter if one is able to reply or not.
And would you extend that to all posters who dont follow up in their own threads?

Or just the ones Frantz points a finger at?
It also punishes the other users who might want to comment or have fun in the thread.

jancivil wrote:I disagree with any of that becoming rules but I'm not worried, it isn't going to happen.
That's the bottom line right there.

We're all wasting our time. Yet I'm still enjoying it.

Frantz wrote:Don't look now but there is another Silke F eruption in progress. Hink already deleted two Music Cafe posts with the titles "Nazi Love" and "Adolf Hitler." Charming music, I'm sure.
What's wrong with Nazi Love? It reminded me of a joke on Peep Show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoAoPqhkL8M

EDIT: Wasn't as long as I thought it would be.

you wanted more forum interaction.
don't forget to say when is enough...

:lol:

whats the issue with songs about hitler?
even if the lyrics are anti hitler?
we seriously have to remain neutral? on hitler?

as for the proposed rules...

the one about a write up in the opening post :o
is this because of all the bumping i did?

im not big on artists who tell me what i will hear, as such i prefer to let people hear things with no preconceived notions of what i expect them to hear.
if someone wishes to share a feeling or story, that's great, but not all of us should feel obliged to follow any rules which could infringe on our artistic nature.

Return to “Site Stuff”