general Music Cafe discussion thread

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I concur, whyterabbyt.

wagtunes wrote:This is the PM I got from that whack job Silke
SILKE F WILL REPORT EVERYONE TO THE POLICE IF THESE LIES HERE DON´T STOP THAT SPREAD THAT SILKE F WOULD USE STOLEN MUSIC AND SAY ITS HER MUSIC

SILKE F NEVER WROTE ANYONE DEATH TREATS - SO WHY DO PEOPLE HERE SPREAD THESE CRIMINAL LIES ABOUT SILKE F ALL OVER THIS FORUM?

AND WHY IS THERE NO MODERATION HELPING SILKE F AGAINST ALL THIS ORGANISED HATE HERE?
Can we please get her out of this forum?
See. Now you've got a problem.

No real issues up until this point - only after some serious allegations were made.

Unaspected wrote:I concur, whyterabbyt.

wagtunes wrote:This is the PM I got from that whack job Silke
SILKE F WILL REPORT EVERYONE TO THE POLICE IF THESE LIES HERE DON´T STOP THAT SPREAD THAT SILKE F WOULD USE STOLEN MUSIC AND SAY ITS HER MUSIC

SILKE F NEVER WROTE ANYONE DEATH TREATS - SO WHY DO PEOPLE HERE SPREAD THESE CRIMINAL LIES ABOUT SILKE F ALL OVER THIS FORUM?

AND WHY IS THERE NO MODERATION HELPING SILKE F AGAINST ALL THIS ORGANISED HATE HERE?
Can we please get her out of this forum?
See. Now you've got a problem.

No real issues up until this point - only after some serious allegations were made.
Hey, I didn't make the accusations which is why I have no idea why I'm the one being contacted by this psycho bitch.

Is there no way to block PMs. This psycho bitch has now sent me 3 threatening PMs. Do I have to be harassed by her for as long as I'm here?

Have you reported the PMs?

Unaspected wrote:No real issues up until this point - only after some serious allegations were made.
Exact pattern described by ChamMusic...

wagtunes wrote:Is there no way to block PMs. This psycho bitch has now sent me 3 threatening PMs. Do I have to be harassed by her for as long as I'm here?
faq.php#f5r1
I keep getting unwanted private messages!
You can block a user from sending you private messages by using message rules within your User Control Panel. If you are receiving abusive private messages from a particular user, inform a board administrator; they have the power to prevent a user from sending private messages.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Silke is gone, one thread has been moved to the mod forum and Wags I'm screenshotting your PM you got but feel it prudent to remove your post.

I dont want to lock the thread, I do hope that it brings some solutions (if any) toward improvements in the cafe. I need all members to respect one request, do not mention Silke in this thread anymore please and stick to keeping the conversation about the cafe. Please understand I will move or remove any posts mentioning Silke from this point on and it is for good reason.

Thank you
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

whyterabbyt wrote: Like Silke in what specific ways?
This is my new minimal proposal that I posted earlier today:

Proposed Music Cafe Guideline
Start no more than 2 new threads per day in the Music Cafe.

End of proposal. It would be a simple way of flagging inconsiderate Music Cafe posters. Someone like Silke would refuse to comply and be banned.

(I need to step away from the computer for a while.)
Last edited by Frantz on Sun May 20, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EDIT: Written before Hink's request but removed out of respect.

Frantz wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote: in what specific ways?

This is my new minimal proposal that I posted earlier today:

Proposed Music Cafe Guideline
Start no more than 2 new threads per day in the Music Cafe.

End of proposal. It would be a simple way of flagging inconsiderate Music Cafe posters.

Yes i saw that. And the object of your complaints, at the time of the initiation of your complaints, would not have been covered by this proposal.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
Frantz wrote:
sjm wrote:By giving Silke what Silke wants, you are making this much worse than it would have been otherwise.
I am talking about setting up a guideline that a moderator can reference to ban users like Silke so we don't have to go through a week of this nonsense.
Like Silke in what specific ways? Posting a track every two or three days? Not returning to threads?

Like Silke was a week ago? Or like Silke F more recently, after being singled out for posting a track every two or three days and not returning to threads.

Like Silke in having batshit crazy conspiracy theory notions posted elsewhere?

Like Silke in being outed a week later for bad behaviour on other forums?

Or like Silke's in seemingly plagiarising other people's work?

I kind of think that if someone had given evidence for that one a week ago, a ban would have happened without you deciding you were writing the Moderator Rulebook.

I disagree that any of the others are sufficient justification for a ban. Especially not for someone behaving as Silke was a week ago.
This is more or less what I was hoping to convey, but I was hoping for a moment of self reflection and realisation. That's when the message actually is understood - when the recipient reaches the conclusion of their own accord. I might have phrased it differently, but the sentiment is exactly mine.
Last edited by sjm on Sun May 20, 2018 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Another proposal could be something like "Please don't be selfish. Leave space on the stage for other artists." (better English preferred)

However, as already said, I'm sure we don't really need it once the waters are calm again.

I for one don't mind that Frantz made suggestions. As long as the discussion stays civil there's nothing wrong with trying to improve something.

elassi wrote:However, as already said, I'm sure we don't really need it once the waters are calm again.

I for one don't mind that Frantz made suggestions. As long as the discussion stays civil there's nothing wrong with trying to improve something.
+1 to this too

ChamMusic wrote:
Unaspected wrote:General conduct guidelines are already in place.
Agreed..I had a look!

But...

They are NOT being enforced effectively.

Other forums I use (including one that I helped run for years) are much more pro-active on the moderation side to make sure that it all runs smoothly.

I've always been amazed at how 'invisible' the moderators are on KVR and how unacceptable behaviour goes on for so long without apparent intervention.
if you did indeed help run another forum you would understand there is far more to the picture in most cases that are seen. You are not privy to the reports or PM's so again you should understand my point.

I said this in another thread as well, I am a mod 24/7, in fact I set my notifications to go to my phone and subscribe to hot topics constantly. I am a mod when I'm on a date, eating, sleeping, in my own studio and I have no complaint when my phone wakes me (every night) or interrupts me because the love I have for this place is deep. I'm on KvR all day, I read 1000's of posts but at the end of the day it's still never enough. I can always use the assitance of members, I do get PM's, people report threads (and I that helps a lot is is appreciated) and then some people just sit around and think we are doing nothing yet can take the time to complain instead of perhaps giving us a headsup.

Again though, I care about this place and the people here so I devote countless hours to this place, most of which goes completely unseen. I dont expect much appreciation, I do expect judgement but it might help if people stopped going with their automatic thoughts and stopped to think about other possibilities. That is better for everyone as opposed to pointing fingers at mods saying we dont do enough when you have no clue how much we do

You're welcome
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Unaspected wrote:EDIT: Written before Hink's request but removed out of respect.
thank you :)

Return to “Site Stuff”