general Music Cafe discussion thread

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A general purpose thread for discussion on posting in the Music Cafe.

Is it appropriate:
* to start lots of new threads per day and ignore other users?
* to use the Music Cafe as a sketch pad?
* for users to complain about other users spamming the Cafe?
* etc.

(Thread generalized and de-Silke-ified at Mod request.)
Last edited by Frantz on Fri May 18, 2018 5:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Here's some nice Silke F music to help everyone calm down before starting the discussion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXU5Re3OSy8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTI_vakSXrs

:lol:

One of them is called 'You can all kiss my ass including [name of act I can't be arsed to remember]'

I can relate!

Chapelle wrote:Here's some nice Silke F music to help everyone calm down before starting the discussion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTI_vakSXrs
The tragic irony being that these are both really good.

The titling/sentiment is strange to me, though. I'm sure it was her who bought notoriety and hate to her own door with her RDJ rants, a few years back :scared:

No, it was clearly this:

"She has been harassed by the gangstalkers for a few years now, telling her to kill herself and give up, openly stalking and harassing her. Youtube will do nothing because of course they are actually plugged into the AI mainframe and that is a black hole of souls that will destroy all who allow it."

(just another case of music causing BIG TROUBLE)

jancivil wrote:No, it was clearly this:

"She has been harassed by the gangstalkers for a few years now, telling her to kill herself and give up, openly stalking and harassing her. Youtube will do nothing because of course they are actually plugged into the AI mainframe and that is a black hole of souls that will destroy all who allow it."

(just another case of music causing BIG TROUBLE)
right here , in river city ...

Chapelle wrote:Here's some nice Silke F music to help everyone calm down before starting the discussion:
Aaalright… so it's a troll after all. Figured that much.

I like it though. "Kiss my white german ass". Classy. :P

chk071 wrote:
Aaalright… so it's a troll after all. Figured that much.

I like it though. "Kiss my white german ass". Classy. :P
A very successful troll.

Can't have enough Silke F threads.

Frantz wrote:The central place for all discussion around Silke's usage of the Music Cafe. Fasten your seat belts. It's going to be a rough ride. :o
Hi Frantz, I really was hoping for more like what vurt says here
vurt wrote:
Hink wrote:
Frantz wrote:
Hink wrote: again if there were to be a thread about this in site stuff it accomplish a few things including stopping the bumping of the songs.
As requested, here is a thread in Site Stuff:

the official Silke Music Cafe discussion thread

ty
ah, i was rather expecting a general discussion on the nature of the cafe as a sketch pad and whether we need to police individuals exposure/presence in the cafe.
While Silke was the catalyst for this I really would like to see something of value come from this for the future. Do you think we can work on the title of the thread some to avoid some of the needless bashing that may occur and try to get some dialogue started about whether or not changes need to be made in the cafe? Silke could be gone and never come back but I do want to ensure that the cafe creates a rewarding experience for all. (or at least as close to it as possible, we'll never satisfy everyone)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:Do you think we can work on the title of the thread some to avoid some of the needless bashing that may occur and try to get some dialogue started about whether or not changes need to be made in the cafe?
Done.

thank you sir :D
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

chk071 wrote:Who's "general" though? ;)
This thread is about General Beefs and Major Griping. :ud:

Frantz wrote: Is it appropriate:
* to start lots of new threads per day and ignore other users?
IMO, it's not cool.
Frantz wrote: * to use the Music Cafe as a sketch pad?
Why not. I don't have any objection to someone posting dodgy half-assed works either. :)
Frantz wrote: * for users to complain about other users spamming the Cafe?
Is it against the rules?

jancivil wrote:Is that spicy like General Tso's Chicken?
Sort of like that but the flavor is bitter and sour.

Frantz wrote:Is it appropriate: to start lots of new threads per day and ignore other users?
Of course not. I don't know if it's worth setting a limit (Like I said before, most people just wouldn't even think to do it).

I do think that it should be made clear that hit-and-run posting is not tolerated, and that posters should be prepared to engage with those who take the time to listen and comment - This ain't no 'free cloud storage'!
Frantz wrote:Is it appropriate: to use the Music Cafe as a sketch pad?
i don't think it really matters, as long as it stays within given posting limits, and is done with an intention to share, for others to enjoy, or to just ask for help/feedback in how to progress.

Even if you were to decide against allowing it, how would you even police it? Take the inspiration for this thread: While I'm sure that many would see them as just audio scribblings, I am in no doubt that the pieces posted, aside from the compilations, were presented as complete works. There's just no point in arguing what standards apply to which genres with regards to what constitutes a complete recording :shrug:
Frantz wrote:Is it appropriate: for users to complain about other users spamming the Cafe?
etc.
If it's genuine spam, it should be reported in exactly the same way as any other spam is. But if someone is getting a little too "Me, me, me", and overzealous with their 'sharing', then at least the mods now have a frame of reference, and I'm sure will be able to have a quiet word in said members' shell-like :tu:

Return to “Site Stuff”