Who banned 1eqinfinity and why???

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nielzie wrote:We need amnesty for all banned users from the past. TheoM, Admiral, Criminal, etc. etc. all of them. Such colorful persons :hug:

TheoM vs wagtunes for instance would be totally awesome! :box: :hihi:
You're inviting Armageddon, don't ya know...

:hihi:
A well-behaved signature.

Aliens wrote: I would like to request banned members posts are still searchable after the hammer comes down though, just so that when I miss it live, I can check the last posts to find the offending one and go :hihi: so that's why.
They are, just not from the profile. There are 11 pages of posts, and no flame wars or somehing like that. Everything calm, friendly and very knowledgable posts... Certainly one of the most valuable contributors of KVR...
I can't check if posts have been removed...

I’m surprised people can be removed without a warning or being given a reason why. But I guess it’s also the case someone could get banned and not want to admit why....normally the people who go ha e a history and people are not surprised, this seems to be a different case.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Things are clearing up a bit. In a way it doesn't help anybody to make understanding why someone is banned so difficult.
If you don't want to be banned, stay away from silly childs...; - )

I am pretty new to KVR, maybe I am even naive, but it is essential to keep such a place calm and clear. So I might have overlooked a lot of what might be even documented - how decisions are made and how those are communicated.
This came up, because for me there was not enough transparency within this process. Just assuming all decisions are correct and unquestionable would be naive as well! That is why I asked the topic questions. I was a bit astonished about some of the reactions. As if decisions on KVR and their moderators are unquestionable in principle. If that would be the case, I would feel very uncomfortable. Questions could simply be answered, even if they just explain that there are proofs of a violation, but to protect the violator they are not published... (The violator of a rule could actually agree and eventually apologize for that violation and thus could help clarify the issue.)

So I have still some questions regarding the process of banning and what happens after:
For me rules have to be there and have to be respected. If rules are broken, the punishment is known (in this case banning and/or suspension).

What kind of communication happens after a ban? There is no way for the banned person to explain anything in the forum, but there must be some sort of communication afterwards.

Is there a way to get the user back on the boat? We all do bad things from time to time, learning to become a respected member also needs the ability to forgive...

I would like to have answers from moderators still, else wise the thread could be locked now...

Nielzie wrote:We need amnesty for all banned users from the past. TheoM, Admiral, Criminal, etc. etc. all of them. Such colorful persons :hug:
Kriminal's still here.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
Kriminal's still here.
I'd bet that most banned members are here under another guise :shrug:

whyterabbyt wrote:
Kriminal's still here.
Oh ok, didn't know. I thought his last ban was definitive.

Maybe we should make a list of all banned persons that we know of and have votes for who we we would like to see return here :hyper: :hihi:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Nielzie wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
Kriminal's still here.
Oh ok, didn't know. I thought his last ban was definitive.
Only for the account.

And what about TheoM?

Nielzie wrote:And what about TheoM?
Doubt it, though I guess possible if he's worked out how to keep a low profile. If he is, its unikely to be sanctioned by a mod, though.

hibidy/incubus almost certainly is, I'd hazard. look for a combo of ingratiating and stroppy.

AdmiralQ, doubt it. Ego.

whyterabbyt wrote:
Doubt it, though I guess possible if he's worked out how to keep a low profile.
That seems rather impossible :o

whyterabbyt wrote:look for a combo of ingratiating and stroppy.
:lol: :lol:

Hink wrote:
Burillo wrote:everyone keeps saying like people who would like to know why a person was banned are claiming that everyone owes them an explanation. of course moderators can do whatever the hell they want, but it would've been common courtesy to provide some explanation, if only so that we all learn not to do it again and get banned ourselves.
viewtopic.php?t=44705
If everyone got banned that broke the rules posted here, this place would be empty.

Aliens wrote:I would like to request banned members posts are still searchable after the hammer comes down though
They still are.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/search.php

'Search for author'

I’m almost positive Wag is Theo.

He’s not but you’d be hard pressed to tell the difference.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Return to “Site Stuff”