Who banned 1eqinfinity and why???

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sjm wrote:
Tj Shredder wrote:[There are also rules also for a free press, to be called free... I have no problem in general if people can be banned for breaking rules, but I would want to know what rules are broken. especially in this case...!
This is a common misconception. Freedom of speech and free speech/free press is not the freedom to be a jerk, nor does it require that that sort of behaviour be tolerated. It also does not force anybody to have to give you a platform to air your views.
As I pointed out before, I have no problem at all with that, freedom is the freedom of the others and respect is the most important rule of all. I just want to be able to understand why someone is banned. If it is for a good reason, no problem.
In this case it is important, as 1eqinfinity has a role as OSC synth contributor. As participants we are interested to be able to communicate of course.

I was curious, and went to his profile to see if there are posts of him, which would explain it, but there nothing is accessible. A short notice on the profile like xxx has been banned for breaking rule "y" might also be helpful.
It would teach all users to be careful about what you post. I simply wish a bit more transparency for those decisions.
And I have read threads which made me wonder why the moderators would not intervene earlier, but in 1eqinfinitys case it is beyond my imagination...

chk071 wrote:No. The financing is purely based on ads, and the impact of the site is purely based on companies presenting their products here. There is nothing the users add to the financing of this site, and that is the most important thing for the existance of the site.
I have to disagree. In most countries of the world this site would be called a business site, for example as they are having income from ads (doesn't matter they make a profit or not). Without the pageviews which are attracted by the heavy activities of the users the owners would not have ad contracts and thus have no income.
This is neither "the press", nor is there any demand in being called "free".
In Germany for example this site would have to follow laws valid for "the press", as they are acting similar in some parts. Also in Germany (and I think other countries too) parts of their rules like "While this information will not normally be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither KVR nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised" would simply be illegal.

Of coarse there is no obligation for the operator to publish ban reasons or so. Nevertheless if the owners make any money with ads or the marketplace, this is solely because of the user base and their activities, which should not be forgotten.

I am sure there has to be a substantially misbehaviour to become banned from the forum. But I wonder if there where entries in the plugin database, because there is nothing found now by the search. Banning someone from the forum for a reason is something else than censoring his work from the plugin database :scared:
ImageImage

chk071 wrote:
Tj Shredder wrote: KVR is sponsored by adds, yes, but the crucial content is provided by users.
No.
Yes, of course it is...; - )
chk071 wrote:The financing is purely based on ads, and the impact of the site is purely based on companies presenting their products here. There is nothing the users add to the financing of this site, and that is the most important thing for the existance of the site.
Do you really believe there would be a single ad on this site without the users who provide the majority of content (for example this discussion)??? The users click on ads which in return finance the site...
chk071 wrote:I think you are way off, and need to use your head a bit better.
Be careful, mods are watching your words...; -)

That KVR is a commercial press site is out of question, but their success is bound to the freedom of that press. And of course also bound to keep it civilized and if necessary to ban users. Sometimes I just want to know why... Its a matter of trust. If for example critical posts are removed on the demand of an advertiser, I would simply turn off and discuss on a different platform. The bans I have seen until now had been obvious for me, no problem there...

Did it not occur to you that maintaining a list of banned users and the reasons they were banned would amount to a form of public shaming, and potentially a disclosure of private information? If someone is fired from their corporate job, Human Resources doesn’t send out a mass mailing to all the remaining employees to explain who was fired and why. What happens to other users of this site is, quite frankly, none of your business.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

"In this case it is important, as 1eqinfinity has a role as OSC synth contributor. As participants we are interested to be able to communicate of course."

@Tj Shredder

Ah, in fact you place a motion of no-confidence against the moderators here. Since your statement does not translate to a privileged status of 1eqinfinity as a registered member of KVR afaik.

In other words: you blindly gave 1eqinfinity the benefit of doubt, without knowing any of the circumstances of this case, while you should give KVR moderation the benefit of doubt first in this case. And not vice versa, as others also have pointed out before in this thread.

deastman wrote:Did it not occur to you that maintaining a list of banned users and the reasons they were banned would amount to a form of public shaming, and potentially a disclosure of private information? If someone is fired from their corporate job, Human Resources doesn’t send out a mass mailing to all the remaining employees to explain who was fired and why. What happens to other users of this site is, quite frankly, none of your business.
That is a valid argument, but as all the posts the banned person has been made in public, being able to view them after being banned would not infringe his/her rights, but would keep it more transparent. I have seen also posts within the flame wars which clearly indicated the problems. As all the discussions I was following with 1eqinfinity had been completely harmless, I can't even know which moderator to ask. It must have been on a different discussion and it must have been be so terrible, that no answer came up yet, or we do have... I would love to trust KVR...
Anyway a user being banned is indicating something, but what? He could be fired also just by labeled being banned, though the reason for that could also be more harmless or simply an error or mistake that would be much worse, because of the possible consequences.

Tj Shredder wrote:As all the discussions I was following with 1eqinfinity had been completely harmless, I can't even know which moderator to ask.
It's not your role to hound the mods for justification for bans. Just accept that there was a reason and move on.

everyone keeps saying like people who would like to know why a person was banned are claiming that everyone owes them an explanation. of course moderators can do whatever the hell they want, but it would've been common courtesy to provide some explanation, if only so that we all learn not to do it again and get banned ourselves.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:everyone keeps saying like people who would like to know why a person was banned are claiming that everyone owes them an explanation. of course moderators can do whatever the hell they want, but it would've been common courtesy to provide some explanation, if only so that we all learn not to do it again and get banned ourselves.
viewtopic.php?t=44705
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Burillo wrote:everyone keeps saying like people who would like to know why a person was banned are claiming that everyone owes them an explanation. of course moderators can do whatever the hell they want, but it would've been common courtesy to provide some explanation, if only so that we all learn not to do it again and get banned ourselves.
and if they did do this, the second they start saying 'X did Y', folk will start claiming its libel. because KVR.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

All of us must abide by the forum's rules but this surely has to be one of the more unusual of such incidents.

And just as I was getting really really close to overcoming my lethargy and participating in this month's contest... :hihi:

Don't know why they were banned. That'll teach me for going to work and not chain refreshing kvr all night.
I don't need an explanation from the mods as to why, it always is what it is.

I would like to request banned members posts are still searchable after the hammer comes down though, just so that when I miss it live, I can check the last posts to find the offending one and go :hihi: so that's why.

We need amnesty for all banned users from the past. TheoM, Admiral, Criminal, etc. etc. all of them. Such colorful persons :hug:

TheoM vs wagtunes for instance would be totally awesome! :box: :hihi:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Ok, the moderators stay silent, after I asked. But as the 1eqinfinity has a facebook page, I sent him a personal message, thinking he should know. His answer:
"Hi, thanks for letting me know, I have no idea"

Return to “Site Stuff”