New amateur plugin sub forum

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That "amateur" thingy might be a bit..

Maybe something like "freeware publisher subforum" or something... Anyways IMO it's not your mission to make such a thing, even though I understand your point. If kvr mod (ben?) sees it important, he could make a freeware section to main forum categories, that could handle all that kinds of stuff.

I knew if I waited long enough I'd get a fairly well reasoned, adult response. :tu:

Aliens wrote:The topic is about wannabe devs like yobare periodically spamming the main instrument forum.
If you think something is spam, report it to the moderators. If they disagree, get ready to adjust your definition accordingly.
So you don't agree. Great. Leave your minus 1 and sod off. :tu:
Nope. You dont get to decide who has a say in a thread any more than you have a say in what level of developer is welcome at KVR.

If you have an issue with yobare, (and you clearly do for some reason, you've targeted him frequently enough), then add him to your foe list and ignore his posts.
Meanwhile Ben and KVR have embraced amateur developers since day 1, as the Developers Contest clearly underlines. Its up to you to deal with that or rally, you're the one who should 'sod off.'
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Distorted Horizon wrote:If kvr mod (ben?) sees it important, he could make a freeware section to main forum categories, that could handle all that kinds of stuff.
The fact that he hasnt done so over 15-plus years would be an indicator that he doesnt consider it important. And the fact that the the Developer's Contest exist is a very obvious indication that the reverse is actually what's true; that KVR supports freeware and amateur developers, encourages them to produce more work, and refuses to ghettoise them as being of less worth.
Basically the OP is demanding a 180 turn in the ethos of KVR.

whyterabbyt wrote: If you have an issue with yobare, (and you clearly do for some reason, you've targeted him frequently enough)
Targeted :roll: But okay, to fit your narrative. Twice. Once in a thread if I asked a question - Whether he coded anything this time. And the second in the thread I propositioned the idea of a sub forum for amateur plugins.
whyterabbyt wrote: Basically the OP is demanding a 180 turn in the ethos of KVR.
That doesn't sound right. I've made no demand at all. Very disingenuous.
Bet you couldn't quoth that. :tu:

Aliens wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote: If you have an issue with yobare, (and you clearly do for some reason, you've targeted him frequently enough)
Targeted :roll:
Not up to speed with what the word means?
target
ˈtɑːɡɪt/
verb
past tense: targeted; past participle: targeted

select as an object of attention or attack.
"two men were targeted by the attackers"
synonyms: pick out, single out, select, choose, decide on, earmark, fix on; More
attack, aim at, fire at
"the two men were targeted by a gunman"
aim or direct (something).
whyterabbyt wrote:Basically the OP is demanding a 180 turn in the ethos of KVR.
That doesn't sound right. I've made no demand at all. Very disingenuous.
Bet you couldn't quoth that. :tu:
Its enough to 'quoth' the dictionary definition. Twice in one reply, no less, makes me wonder who it is that's really being disingenuous, by seemingly being more concerned with quibbling over specific words rather than address the larger point I raised, specifically KVR's historic relationship with amateur developers?
[dih-mand, -mahnd]

verb (used with object)
to ask for with proper authority; claim as a right:
He demanded payment of the debt.
to ask for peremptorily or urgently:
He demanded sanctuary. She demanded that we let her in.
to call for or require as just, proper, or necessary:
This task demands patience. Justice demands objectivity.

Aliens wrote:So we don't have the main instrument forum spammed in a week with 6 new plugins, then another 'finally released' effort, and a bad taste, almost copyright breaching Disco named synth.

We usually have no issue separating men from boys, so let's keep it simple.
Make a place for amateurs to go to push their efforts away from the serious developers.

This won't ever be a runner as a sub forum idea.
If however you wish to start a thread for 'amateur developers' to attract attention, why not create that?

As a final point, the word 'amateur' of course often carries a meaning of incompetence nowadays (a meaning often pushed by arrogant professionals, such as Sky TV Sports, with suspect intentions) but this is not the original meaning of the word.
Online Etymology defines the word as:
"one who cultivates and participates but does not pursue it professionally or with an eye to gain" (as opposed to a professional)

Didn't (nearly) all professional musicians, sports players etc start out as amateurs?
Here are some famous amateurs who you've undoubtedly heard of, and who were quite serious in their pursuits:
Gregor Mendel. Thomas Edison. Michael Faraday. Charles Darwin. Srinivasa Ramanujam. Mary Anning. Leonardo da Vinci (though it is a moot point as to how amateur/professional he later was).
All of them loved what they were doing, and did not do it for money. And they changed lives.
Last edited by dark water on Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It might also be instructive to look at the DSP forums here and you'll see that some of your so-called amateurs know more about DSP and development than the soi disant "professionals."

Aliens wrote: So you don't agree. Great. Leave your minus 1 and sod off:
-1 :party:

Aliens wrote:I knew if I waited long enough I'd get a fairly well reasoned, adult response. :tu:

Hahaha, way to keep trolling. You've gotten plenty of well reasoned responses, they just don't reinforce your (lame) viewpoint.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

I wonder what "important professional productions" the OP is working on, that he is so annoyed about having wasted his priceless time reading a post about an "amateur plugin" that would never fullfill his high demanding needs, so that he requests a "quality presorted" instruments forum so desperately ?

:roll:

ImageImage

Would you be okay with a "professional" forum full of really sub-par plugins as long as the devs are asking money for them instead of giving them away for free?

omg.....are people still getting their panties all in a bunch over 32 bit plugs? like for real?

if your system cant handle 32 bit plugs without issue...that says more about your system than it does the plugs.

edit...almost forgot

bad idea...and kinda douchey.
ImageImageImage

Quite a lot of aggression being shown in the comments in this thread. Will you all be okay?

Maybe when you get your new proposed Andomeda plugin, and that new thread really does sort of prove my point for me, you'll all calm down a bit :lol:

Return to “Site Stuff”