KVR shows 'Targeted Messages'?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Since today i am getting a popup from Adblock Plus with the following text:
Adblock Plus wrote: Hide targeted messages?

This site has been known to show targeted messages to Adblock Plus users. Do you want Adblock Plus to hide targeted messages?

Yes / No / Close
The popup opens everytime i click a link that has www.kvraudio.com in the URL. Forum, news, everywhere. Close it on one page and it will pop open again on the next. I assume this will go on until i click either Yes or No.

Any idea what this is? Of course i understand what it says, but i have no idea what it means, because except for PMs i never got any messages of any sort on KVR, let alone anything that would qualify as 'targeted messages to Adblock Plus users'. (Been using Adblock Plus for more than 10 years and this is the first time it showed me a popup. I didnt even know it can do that.)

If anyone can shed any light on this, please do.

Thanks in advance.

On other sites it's got something to do with messages asking for the site to be whitelisted by AdBlock+. Not sure about KVR (I use uBlock Origin)

KVR never asked me to do anything.

Thats whats so strange about it, because ive been using Adblock Plus for much longer than i am a member here and yet today is the first time i got a popup with such a notification.

Very odd indeed...the only thing i can think of which would explain this is that either something about the site has changed since yesterday or something about Adblock Plus has changed since yesterday.

(The latter is certainly possible since Adblock Plus is one of the very few apps that i allow to auto-update silently in the background in order to keep the filter list up-to-date. But on the other hand KVR exists not only since yesterday, so one has to wonder why the popups have started only today and not years ago. Puzzling.)

I was getting this as well.

It seems Adblock Plus also isn't working on youtube any longer as I've been getting Ads on youtube now.
:borg:

Return to “Site Stuff”