Copyright symbol not allowed here?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, this is downright strange.
Not only does the [Mac] emoticon-derived copyright symbol disappear when a post is sent, a PICTURE copy/pasted of it does the same thing. This did_not use to be the case.

what's up with that.

Not sure, tried it on a PC and didn't work either.

thanks for that, so it's not a Mac to Windows thing

let's try this

(¢)

Did you ξ what I did there in what I ¢?

Ö ¨ªely?

Yes it seems to drop certain symbols while allowing neighboring symbols. (C)urious.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

hmmm

Yes, the forum software is removing the symbol. Just use (c) instead.
Last edited by Frantz on Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Copyright symbol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The copyright symbol, or copyright sign, designated by (a circled capital letter "C"), is the symbol used in copyright notices for works other than sound recordings.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

^^^^^^^^^^
Edit: Yep, it's there but it's not. :?
Last edited by Aloysius on Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

One of those more fascinating threads, tbh.

(how to say this in English?)

Works in the preveiw

elassi wrote:One of those more fascinating threads, tbh.

(how to say this in English?)
One of those more fascinating threads, old bean.

test

Edit: Huh. That is odd.
No longer a moderator.

testing testing 1 2 1 2 testing 1 2
unt

[edit] Peculiar, appears to be quite a large Unicode range that's dumped straight away.

[test2]
أعلن رئيس كردستان العراق مسعود البارزاني رفضه التمديد لفترة رئاسية جديدة، واعتبر أن استفتاء انفصال الإقليم لا يمكن محوه، كما وصف ما حدث في كركوك بأنه "خيانة عظمى".

قبل 6 ساعات
[edit] So that works. Hm.

ALT+0169 in the Windows Character Map

Steve

Edit: Ha! Sure enough, the actual symbol got deleted, even though I was able to format it fine in the preview. Seems odd that KVR would do this....

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

I'm not certain this is KVR specifically rather than possibly an issue with browsers + phpbb3 + KVR's database format.

For example (C) in Latin-1 (ISO-8859-1) is 00A9, while in UTF-8 the symbol is C2A9.

Depending upon how browsers handle this, the lack of a format specifier for the html textarea input ( form accept-charset="UTF-8" ) and the database format this could result in certain symbols being replaced by other indices (the browser may default to Latin-1) and/or removed.

Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Return to “Site Stuff”