Arturia thread gone

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I started a thread here yesterday about a sale, it had some responses, and now it's gone.
I think it's OK to post about sales here, right?

Anyways, Sweetwater is having a 50% off sale on the V Collection 5.
The $249 price is good until Nov. 1st.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/VColl5

OK - I guess this post should probably be moved there too then.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote:
felis wrote:OK - I guess this post should probably be moved there too then.
Moving these kind of posts is a horrible idea. I'm not going to check every obscure forum for material that belongs in the Instruments forum. Mods, use common sense please.
The Marketplace forum isn't "obscure" and threads about sales have always gone over there.

foosnark wrote:
egbert101 wrote:
felis wrote:OK - I guess this post should probably be moved there too then.
Moving these kind of posts is a horrible idea. I'm not going to check every obscure forum for material that belongs in the Instruments forum. Mods, use common sense please.
The Marketplace forum isn't "obscure" and threads about sales have always gone over there.

So that's why I never noticed them! ;) :idea:

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Actually, I see the point of not putting them here. Have you BEEN to that sub forum?

It is literally overrun. If we allowed all those posts here, this place would become a zoo. That's why we have a Soundware Forum and the other sub forums.

Look, I'll be the first one to complain about something (which everybody here knows more than well enough) but no, special offers, deals, whatever, need to go where they belong and it's not here. Otherwise this place becomes chaos with all the deals being offered on a daily basis.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

egbert101 wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Actually, I see the point of not putting them here. Have you BEEN to that sub forum?

It is literally overrun. If we allowed all those posts here, this place would become a zoo. That's why we have a Soundware Forum and the other sub forums.

Look, I'll be the first one to complain about something (which everybody here knows more than well enough) but no, special offers, deals, whatever, need to go where they belong and it's not here. Otherwise this place becomes chaos with all the deals being offered on a daily basis.
Well then, the developers aren't going to reach their target audience then, namely VST instruments and the majority of us are going to miss out. I'm not going to other forums, I'll either use this forum or the usual junk emails I get.

A simple thread for bargains and special offers would suffice, or just common sense moderation.
And that thread exists, as I noted above, it is here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6902886

You don't need to look at anything else in that forum, just that thread. Seems to work for everybody else here and has done for many many years.

egbert101 wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Actually, I see the point of not putting them here. Have you BEEN to that sub forum?

Well then, the developers aren't going to reach their target audience then, namely VST instruments and the majority of us are going to miss out. I'm not going to other forums, I'll either use this forum or the usual junk emails I get.

A simple thread for bargains and special offers would suffice, or just common sense moderation.
The problem is, moderation would become a nightmare. There are over 700 pages of deals over there. Think about how many developers there are that make synths.

One thread? Defeats the purpose of getting visibility for each developer. I mean do you really think Sugar Bytes wants to be lumped into one thread with Native Instruments and every other developer who has a synth deal going on? I seriously doubt any developer would want one thread pinned here with every deal in existence posted in it by every developer in existence. It may be what you want but trust me, they'd be up in arms.

And if you look at the sub forum itself, it specifically says "No Chat" which means no responses by people. No questions, nothing. Just the deal and that's it.

You REALLY think the mods are going to be able to enforce that in THIS nut house? Good luck with that.

No, I'm sorry. This is a no brainer. And fortunately it's not going to change regardless of the "inconvenience" of having to visit another sub forum.

lnikj wrote:
egbert101 wrote:

And that thread exists, as I noted above, it is here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6902886

You don't need to look at anything else in that forum, just that thread. Seems to work for everybody else here and has done for many many years.
Just noticed that it IS one thread. Never realized that before.

Interesting how the instructions "NO Chat" are followed there.

Good luck with getting those instructions followed in this mad house.

wagtunes wrote:
Interesting how the instructions "NO Chat" are followed there.

Good luck with getting those instructions followed in this mad house.
There is another thread for chat about the first thread:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 3&t=262178

Oops - I joined up here about 8 years ago, but don't post much. Been using synths for about 30 years.

I never noticed those threads, or even the other sections here beside effects. My bad. :dog:

EDIT: Hey! I just scrolled through everything in the 'forums' section and I don't see the 'bargains/sales' area.

Where is it? OK - never mind - it's called 'Buy and Sell'.

I wasn't trying to buy or sell something though. Just trying to give people a 'heads up' about something I thought was a good deal.

You may have it hidden.

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Return to “Site Stuff”