Checks and balances?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Moderators should have a system of checks and balances for their own.
It seems as if they are free to be as biased and prejudiced as they want, when deciding on their actions.
It's unfair, and kvr will eventually be a ghost town due to it.

HPC is hardly the cornerstone of KVR. 98% of users probably have absolutely no idea what you're talking about (I had to search to even get what you were referring to specifically). It's a privately-owned site that is not beholden to everyone, without democratically elected moderators. Not quite sure what fairness has to do with it. Life isn't fair. To expect that from a free online forum is silly.

"A moderating decision went against me. THE SYSTEM IS RIGGED!!!!"

Well, I finally said some things in public yesterday, after a long history here. Of Mr Hink, who at one time constantly would come into a thread to tell me to stop something. It was never something which actually crossed the line into abusing a member or into disrespect of the_person flagrantly or outside of the topic. He just felt I was too mean. Confer all the 'you're haters' post for people that don't like some music or something on that order. I know it's not just me via PMs then.

Years of it. While at the same time, you could come into a thread and say that, because I'd said 'you're bullshitting me', true and clearly so because someone was just that competitive in spirit (to begin with) and was making no effort to understand points, just an ego justification which led to a lack of good faith in discourse: "You are a piece of shit." in an extended diatribe which was the culmination of multiple posts (which showed me I should have always posed as a man here, because this wouldn't be that problem) which are a little dodgy, and NO MODERATION OF ANY OF IT WHATSOEVER at least not an intervention in any thread. And this is not an isolated example. In the context where I'm expected personally to toe the line. Which in itself is fine, but my sense of injustice doesn't stop at my own door just to be more fair than the next person.

So finally I develop a true animosity towards the guy. (And GAMMA, you're not really the most circumspect poster in the world yourself. You went into HPC yesterday to characterize other peoples quarrel as 'like ferrets in a bag'. That's not you modeling good behavior, I'm sorry. And here you are with this crap. Kind of hypocritical and I think that's a fair assessment.)

So there must be an issue here. The shit started to hit the fan here, and while I don't expect to be right all the time and I get SHIRTY with people frequently enough, there is frustration with this from ... many sides. From many sides. :lol:

mcnoone wrote:Moderators should have a system of checks and balances for their own.
It seems as if they are free to be as biased and prejudiced as they want, when deciding on their actions.
Nonsense. Most people don't even get a warning. Apart from that, if you have anything to say to the mods, why don't you bring it up to them, instead of making a public check on your point?

chk071 wrote:if you have anything to say to the mods, why don't you bring it up to them, instead of making a public check on your point?
Where's the drama in that?

The answer is so simple. Don't like it, piss off. Or start a poll and call for support, and when the majority don't back you, then piss off. :roll:

So what if the majority backs you off, and the mods still act like they do? You know, it's the site owners site, they make the rules, we are all here at their goodwill. :shrug: And, frankly, i have seen enough offensive posts by the OP to know that he's hardly what you'd call the innocent lamb. And, just to put this in perspective, i'm hardly someone innocent either, and i never even got a warning. At best, some of my posts were removed. And righteously so. Claiming that KVR will be a "ghost town", if these "unrighteous conditions" continue is quite a joke.

I think Gamma-UT really hit the nail on the head with his post.

I agree with you. Perhaps that was lost in translation???
I say put up with the rules, which are fair and even handed, or leave.
All this heartache is just fake news.

Yep. :tu:

chk071 wrote:
mcnoone wrote:Moderators should have a system of checks and balances for their own.
Nonsense. Most people don't even get a warning. Apart from that, if you have anything to say to the mods, why don't you bring it up to them, instead of making a public check on your point?
Hink told me to stop "stalking" him after two PMs so I'd rather state the issue in public.
I never disagreed with my suspension due to my exchange with him and I fully expected it to be a permaban. After the threatened me via PM just for disagreeing with him strongly at HPC, I told him to just do the damn thing. I've not been questioning moderation in over ten years here.
The shit is hitting the fan. from many sides... :lol:

For the record, many sides = you, Hibidy, Mcnoone and rp314. :oops:

hibidyincubus feels picked on and bitched multiple times about it in a couple days at HPC. I have never repeatedly flamed people or flamed people at all that I can recall. So, I really don't know who gets a warning by PM, but people are banned for far, far less than went on there (and spread to flaming absolutely off-topic more than once).

I have no idea who rs232 is; the 'many sides' bit is a joke, POSOTUS drumpf used it to deflect responsibility for his Nazi compatriots recently. But actually ras.s, hididy and me = more than 2 sides politically as far as I can tell. :)
mcnoone is a little bit country, er I mean pro-China and I'm a little bit rock 'n roll, so maybe like 3.2 sides. :clown:

The common denominator being none of you like being told off. I get it.
Ultimately the site carries on. Hink is okay. Witch hunts or so 17th century.
Suck it up or move on. Choice is yours. Hink won't get booted, nor should he, so the crusade is destined to fail.
I'd ban the lot of you, but knowing Hink, I bet he doesn't. And I suppose that's his biased moderating in action lol

chk071 wrote:So what if the majority backs you off, and the mods still act like they do? You know, it's the site owners site, they make the rules, we are all here at their goodwill. :shrug: And, frankly, i have seen enough offensive posts by the OP to know that he's hardly what you'd call the innocent lamb. And, just to put this in perspective, i'm hardly someone innocent either, and i never even got a warning. At best, some of my posts were removed. And righteously so. Claiming that KVR will be a "ghost town", if these "unrighteous conditions" continue is quite a joke.

I think Gamma-UT really hit the nail on the head with his post.
Oh, I have perspective it's just not yours. I don't even know what went on with mc. If it was one decision UT 'hit the nail'. With me it's not, it's years of demonstrable bias which I only began to address like yesterday. So you don't know, but it's time to post just to ding people. So typical of KVR.

And I've 'pissed off' for long stretches of time; I don't owe you, Aliens, or Gamma-UT anything y'all don't owe me and everybody else.

Aliens wrote:The common denominator being none of you like being told off. I get it.
Ultimately the site carries on. Hink is okay. Witch hunts or so 17th century.
Suck it up or move on. Choice is yours. Hink won't get booted, nor should he, so the crusade is destined to fail.
I'd ban the lot of you, but knowing Hink, I bet he doesn't. And I suppose that's his biased moderating in action lol
Choice is mine to obey you and f**k off or not to? Guess what.
Read what I wrote or f**k off yourself with your bias.
Last edited by jancivil on Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Site Stuff”