I like KVR, but...

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

it feels so clumsy and slow, there are frequent timeouts, doesn't seem to be a good host...

And those silly confirmations for everything I do. Do I really need a page telling me for 5 seconds or so that my post has been posted? If it got posted, I will see it in the thread. Otherwise as well.

Luckily there are no audio ads, popups, or other ads on my computer. I have a giant Hosts file, so wherever the ads come from, those servers are probably blocked completely. But others seem to get such ads, judging from other threads in this forum.

Mind to share that host file ? Or is there a good Service somewhere to generate one?

Generally it doesn't feel too slow for me, i do block ads tho. Yea that confirmation screen could go these days.

Weird. I am quite sure kvr site is one of my fastest. I even check kvr when other sites hang. I am on Android.
I never make mistakes; I just blame others.

I am getting a lot of errors today (502, bad gateway).

Do these hosts files work on Macs too?

aMUSEd wrote:Do these hosts files work on Macs too?
yes

https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/edit-hosts-file-mac-os-x/

fluffy_little_something wrote:it feels so clumsy and slow, there are frequent timeouts, doesn't seem to be a good host...

And those silly confirmations for everything I do. Do I really need a page telling me for 5 seconds or so that my post has been posted? If it got posted, I will see it in the thread. Otherwise as well.

Luckily there are no audio ads, popups, or other ads on my computer. I have a giant Hosts file, so wherever the ads come from, those servers are probably blocked completely. But others seem to get such ads, judging from other threads in this forum.
How many sites do you know of that cater for dogs? It only seems slow, because you have a higher IQ that most Canines.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

:hihi:

I think there should be a hefty membership fee and a long TOS agreement specifying that you can be banned at any arbitrary moment simply because a mod doesn't like you or your attitude! (Intended as a reduction to absurdity.)

That would improve the forum a ton. :hyper:

BTW: check your PC for nasty hooks from the CIA, NSA, KGB, GOG and any other three letter acronyms you can fit in.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

fluffy_little_something wrote:I am getting a lot of errors today (502, bad gateway).
This afternoon was really bumpy.

aciddose wrote:I think there should be a hefty membership fee and a long TOS agreement specifying that you can be banned at any arbitrary moment simply because a mod doesn't like you or your attitude! (Intended as a reduction to absurdity.)

That would improve the forum a ton. :hyper:

BTW: check your PC for nasty hooks from the CIA, NSA, KGB, GOG and any other three letter acronyms you can fit in.
You don't like me or my attitude? :cry:

If I had any such xyz malware on my computer, it would affect not only KVR, right?
On my main board there are no timeouts, despite being orders bigger and busier than KVR.

I have noticed the scripts lag quite a lot. I suspect this is due to a third-party CDN.

I haven't noticed the KVR site itself being slow at all.

- I think if the attitude rule were in effect I'd be the first one tossed :)
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Does the site have two different IP addresses?
Here it says so, if I am not mistaken:
http://kvraudio.com.siteindexed.com/

maybe the old IP without ssl

Return to “Site Stuff”