Only mods should be able to lock a thread, not the thread starter

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I find it very strange that anyone can start a thread and just lock it whenever they feel like it. In my opinion only mods should have the power to lock threads when they get out of hand (flaming/trolling, off-topic replies, ...)

It's kinda pointless when someone asks a question and then locks the thread because they found the answer by themselves, without posting the solution (which could be helpful for other users).

Reefius wrote:It's kinda pointless when someone asks a question and then locks the thread because they found the answer by themselves, without posting the solution (which could be helpful for other users).
Why are users even allowed to edit posts :help:

I mean, in sales sub-forum, once a sale is done, a seller might delete the content of the post, so it is not possible to use such postings to get a view of how much one should charge for a plug second-hand based on previous sales.

Over at GearSlutz it is even so that a post must first be approved by mods, before it becomes posted. That is proper control!

Oof, i definitely think posts should be editable. Otherwise mine would hardly make sense most of the time, or be readable with all those typos. :P

This is a good idea. It's poor sportsmanship if the OP closes a thread when he starts to lose the argument he started. The funniest example was wagtunes who closed a thread immediately after posting one long rant :lol:
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

If you don't like OP's being able to close a thread, why participate in the thread in the first place?

Kind of amazes me that anybody would reply to any thread started by Wagtunes in the first place.

Maybe because you can bitch about it afterwards, "oooh the OP closed the thread" :hihi:

^^^ He locked that thread immediately after making only ONE long post, in order to prevent ANY replies.
I think it was a good idea, and he should do that more often :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
Last edited by Michael L on Sat May 06, 2017 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

I agree, it should not be possible for normal posters to close their own threads.

Return to “Site Stuff”