KVR phpBB extensions and custom codes (WAV player)

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm curious about this one... as I'm getting acquainted again with the phpBB engine.

KVR Audio has the neat feature to convert WAV and MP3 links, and turns them into instantly playable ones. Youtube Links are also converted. So I assume it's either a phpBB plugin, or custom code (a mod) - definitely not BBcode. Though I didn't find anything that converts links in the official phpBB Extension Database that comes close to what KVR offers.

Neither do I know of a code that "shrinks" video links to just links (an option in the user control panel).

The "show warning that images in links are not correct" must be an extension for sure, no?

So may I ask what extensions KVR uses?
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

isn't it just a html5 media thing with the audio? not sure about the Yt videos tho.

Naked audio files are made into playable links by using SoundManager 2 - www.schillmania.com/projects/soundmanager2

YouTube and Vimeo videos and SoundCloud players are just a simple bit of custom JavaScript that detects embeddable links and queries the relevant API to insert the players.

Thanks for the info - will read into this...

Maybe I'll have follow up questions
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Return to “Site Stuff”