split from Report Spam

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Reported as spam in error. Withdrawn as such. See below for chk071 post in relation to my deleted post.
Last edited by bob bobwood on Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bob bobwood wrote: If the forum rules were followed (within reason), self-policing would be enough. If it all goes pear-shaped we are all the police.
1. Every sound designer posts Soundcloud demos of his commercial soundsets in the Instrument, or Effects forums.
2. It rather looks like you're holding a personal grudge against wagtunes, or you're trying to police for the police's sake, like in some other threads. Both are not valid reasons why someone's posts should be deleted, just because you want it so.

I don't see at all how a thread in which someone asks for recommendations for his next synth would be in any case related to promoting the own business. On the other hand, i see very well how posting soundcloud demos of someone's commercial soundsets relate to promoting the own business. It looks like the mods here are ok with that though. So i have no idea why you believe they'd not be ok with someone asking for a synth reommendation. Again, i think the reasons are rather of personal nature. If you have a problem with wagtunes, take it out with him, and don't try to find (ridiculous) reasons why mods should delete his posts or ban him.

Yep acknowledged, what I intended to do was report it to mods to consider moving it, rather than have it deleted as spam, but here is where I ended up and posted it for mod attention. I then copied it onto the thread.

I can see the points you make and accept how you see things. I have no intention in taking it any further and yes, I suppose I am policing for policing sake. Perhaps, that's wrong. I'll delete the previous post in this thread.

chk071 wrote:1. Every sound designer posts Soundcloud demos of his commercial soundsets in the Instrument, or Effects forums.
No they don't.

I can't think I have seen any who opens a new thread to promote their soundset in the Instrument of Effect forum, please give examples?
I don't see at all how a thread in which someone asks for recommendations for his next synth would be in any case related to promoting the own business.
If they are asking for a synth to make their new soundset, then that is the case.

Numanoid wrote:
chk071 wrote:1. Every sound designer posts Soundcloud demos of his commercial soundsets in the Instrument, or Effects forums.
No they don't.

I can't think I have seen any who opens a new thread to promote their soundset in the Instrument of Effect forum, please give examples?
Sorry, but, are you not capable of reading? Sound designers post Soundcloud demos in trheads about instruments or effects. Of course they open up a new thread to solely promote their soundsets in the Soundware forums, because that's where they belong. Wagtunes opened a thread asking about a synth recommendation. Regardless of what he aims for with his thread, he is totally entitled to do so, just like everyone else. And if it offends, or insults you (funny for someone who has a 20k plus post count :D), then, just move along. The mods said it is ok, so it is ok.

chk071 wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
No they don't.

Sorry, but, are you not capable of reading?
I am, and what I see is that you can't provide any links to threads I am asking for

Just because somebody else is bending the rules or whatever way you see it, doesn't make it right for you to defend others doing the same.

And there is a difference between posting one link to a soundset in a thread that is already open for a synth, and starting a new thread about a soundset to hammer that thread with posts every 5/10 minutes.

Spam becomes spam, because of repetition.

The main faults lie in KVRs primitive forum set up though, why can't we be allowed to select not to see threads we don't want to see when logged in. That would solve the problem for everybody.

Narp - That would make life way too easy for every sound designer to promote his/her product/s in the non-sketchy/non-fake gold watch selling side of town. It just doesn't happen often enough for the neighborhood watch to be on full alert.

Yarp - Some sound designers do slide their sets in a thread that isn't directly related to said set/s, but by technicality is related to the main product. Is it wrong? Don't know. Is it spam? Probably not. Is it annoying? Up to you.

Split from the spam reporting thread because that one alerts (some?) mods with every post* but leaving it here in case anyone wants to politely continue the discussion.

*Ideally. I didn't get an alert about any of these posts despite being subscribed to the thread.
No longer a moderator.

Return to “Site Stuff”