bloody ads

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Karma_tba wrote:How ironic. KVRists represent themselves as the ultimate consumer/fan boi...they brag about the synths and plugs they own, list their kit in their tag line like it's some kind of qualification. They post threads and surveys about how many they own,and query each other about their next purchase. With all this blatant consumerism they are surprised they are the target demographic of advertising on this sight. Try to remember someone has to pay for the bandwidth you are provided for free to bitch and whine.
Your description may be accurate for some members, but xoxos... That's about as wide of the mark as you can get, hence the thread is not "How ironic" at all.

Although I find some of the whole screen overcoloured background ads annoying, I don't see slow loading here. And I turned Adblock off for this site, because all ads are on topic here.
ImageImage

accidentally left my cpu meter open when visiting kvr last night,

displaying one kvr page meters 100%

one hundred percent.

that's more than facebook.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Hink wrote:Keep political stuff in hpc please
Sorry but this is ridiculous, people do happen to make the odd allusion to politicians and political things now and then without them becoming full blown off topic discussions. It's life. The statement here only actually makes sense in context, it was not meant as anything other than a comment. Moderate it if and when to gets to the point of going off the rails; but trying to jump on every little slightly political comment in every thread is overzealous moderation.

toyota RAV4 strip ad at the bottom of the page.

it's got to go.

eight minutes of loading to play audio. page reloading about every five seconds, difficult to get browser to do anything.

keeping ads pertinent to the industry lessens the big stupid ho quotient for the site and the corresponding cultural climate. focus - it is a good thing. don't make the human experience a big old shit or it will find you, wherever you are, because that's where it is.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Are you on dial-up?

AnX wrote:Are you on dial-up?
it says 65bmps, but you know it isn't.

CinningBao wrote: FireFox with ABP disabled and NoScript running (with all but googlesyndication.com allowed) and KVR might as well be hosted on a 386 over 1400 baud.

[...]

I don't want to speculate on what is causing this problem, but it does seem, from this angle, only FF on OSX affected.
Maybe it's NoScript causing the issue.

I just tried with Firefox on OSX (still on Yosemite, in case that matters). I don't have NoScript even installed and for me KVR seems to run more or less the same as it does on Chrome (which is what I use about 99% of the time).

Karma_tba wrote:Try to remember someone has to pay for the bandwidth you are provided for free to bitch and whine.
Reduces to naturalistic fallacy :lol:

GET YOUR ADS OFF MY LAWN!

And now for my slippery slope fallacy: if this keeps up they will be INSIDE MY ASS with their ads! :o

I had two computers which hated KVR, basically. If I lost connection while posting it wouldn't connect for, maybe months, many months in some cases. And it wasn't a very fast site relatively.

Now a computer that doesn't have whatever problem, and it may just have been the connection at that place was part of it, and it is maybe the easiest site I use.

I use Adblocker Plus, and Adblocker for Youtube, which lets very little get by me. Yes, I'm subverting the whole game, I understand ads pay for the 'net, but I'm not much of a consumer and for data mining purposes I'm pretty useless. I had to re-up so many things recently after losing my place due to serious illness but I don't actually rely on KVR to know what I'm going to buy, and for years I bought *nothing*. (In like five yrs I bought an upgrade to VE Pro 5 and that's_all.) I must not be that bad for business or I'da stayed banned. :D

:roll:

Gamma-UT wrote:Do the people with adblockers also block the Marketplace or bargains widget?
I don't see that whole bit at the top of the page. The sidebar on the right side all shows.

Some years ago I had to disable some ad blocker in Firefox, forget which, as it was slowing everything down. I live with the ads now.

Here on my 7 year old i7 CPU is showing maximum of about 1% cpu, fluctuating from 0.1%.

Im on Virgin here in Bristol UK, its known their internet speeds are shit as theyre oversubscribed.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

mystran wrote:
CinningBao wrote: FireFox with ABP disabled and NoScript running (with all but googlesyndication.com allowed) and KVR might as well be hosted on a 386 over 1400 baud.

[...]

I don't want to speculate on what is causing this problem, but it does seem, from this angle, only FF on OSX affected.
Maybe it's NoScript causing the issue.

I just tried with Firefox on OSX (still on Yosemite, in case that matters). I don't have NoScript even installed and for me KVR seems to run more or less the same as it does on Chrome (which is what I use about 99% of the time).

Not sure.. I've got the same tools (NoScript, ABP and HTTPSEverywhere) on both 2014 imac and 2012 mbp; mbp- no probs on kvr, imac- each page takes 10 seconds (at least) to stop loading background gubbins or whatever.. funny thing is, ABP is completely unblocked on imac and it made no difference to page load whatsoever!

I'm just going to put up with it until I can't stands it no more..

Ad blockers for the win!
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Return to “Site Stuff”