kvraudio into the future: procedural music contest!

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:party:

proposal: one DC-alike contest for redistributable forms of music generators!

there are now numerous people exploring this ground, i think a fete/contest would do a lot to bolster the medium and making it happen at kvr would both add impetus to development and help to keep kvr pertinent when the machines do take over :D :borg:

similar to the dc, submissions must be in some rudimentarily popular format (expect lots of PD), be variable (eg. output is unique based on a random seed) and have the intent of providing standalone "listening entertainment" in some scope, not eg. a compositional utility or interactive performance platform.

there are enough people doing this in some capacity to make an event interesting, i think a lot of people could use some encouragement to nail down the scope of such works for full automation, and a deadline would help people to implement *something* and experience the efficacy of doing so. i'd suggest a long, open enrollment and a good *four* months, real casual, for development. ima hafta do this micelf without compliance. :) but i think this would work real good for inspiring this community.

what you say
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

here's another "idea for kvr" no one else will post about -

what about a "developer hook-up" forum, for all the "work on my project" or "programmer wanted" threads. a discrete forum will allow facile browsing of "codevelopment opportunities" and leave the dsp forum free for talking about how to make things work.

i mean, the obvious function of such a thing is to promote functional interchange between authors and give spuds more opportunities to be postin on teh kvr.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Return to “Site Stuff”