KVR IRC?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

so whats up here? Anyone set one up already?

There was #kvr or something on efnet (irc.efnet.org) iirc, plus a "secret" channel that you could be informed of if you enter the gateway channel and ask in the channel about the top-secret uberchannel.

Unfortunately though nobody really used it that much. Attempts were made in the past to soup it up and advertise on the forum but it was no dice.

I'll idle in efnet #kvr... I have the suspicion this isn't the right place though. I wish I could remember the name of the actual channel. Something-cafe?

Nope, #kvr-cafe is also just me :)

#modarchive on espernet (irc.esper.net) is a reasonable music related channel where you'll find members who use a wide range of tools, not just trackers. Lots of regulars, mostly idle but conversations are frequent unlike a lot of irc channels. Highly recommended you try here.

#trax are typically tracker related channels on a wide variety of irc networks, but like modarchive you'll also find users who are aware of a variety of tools. I first heard about the virus synthesizers in #trax back in 97. In my experience the trax channels tend to be idle the majority of the time with most members being obsessed with their old amiga computers or similar. You should definitely have a look, but don't get your hopes up.

Unfortunately most music or audio related channels tend to be file serving bots for mp3s and are generally filled with nutcases. Not even the good kind either.

I'm forgetting to mention that you'll most likely find the most regulars in the channels for various hosts or plugins. I believe the reaper channel was 20+, I've peeked in a few other host and plugin channels over time and regularly seen 5 to 10 members. I can't remember what networks or names they have though. Sorry!
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Popped in to see if someone managed to make one or not on any of the networks I'm on. As far as I can tell it's a no. :P
Last edited by Mystic on Sat May 18, 2019 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nice one! So people, join the channel ;)

Thanks for doing that! I forgot about it after finding #edmproduction. I'll definitely hang out in the kvr chan too! Looking forward to meeting you all. =)

-n

Unfortunately I'm not so much of an idler as to have been able to maintain for 50 days. I don't even bother with an irc shell. I might pop in though manually at some point.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.

Suloo wrote:so whats up here? Anyone set one up already?
Are you sure this is a GOOD thing.

Might it not be opening the gates of hell?

Having said that, count me in!

We need nine of us first. Then we'll be able to open the gates of hell. Who would we let in though? Also, what would be the point, nothing inside?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inferno_(Dante)

aciddose wrote:We need nine of us first. Then we'll be able to open the gates of hell. Who would we let in though? Also, what would be the point, nothing inside?

Well, it really depends on your version of hell.

Mine would be, being locked in a room with you for half an hour. So that would be close.

Then again, you'd probably turn out to be quite fun.

So, there's me, and you. We just need seven others to complete our little exclusive circle. Of Hell.

Pick the biggest arseholes you know on KVR. We don't want outsiders thinking this is some kind of cosy little club. Let's keep it edgy!

Mystic wrote:Popped in to see if someone managed to make one or not on any of the networks I'm on. As far as I can tell it's a no. :P

Freenode hosts a lot of the Reddit audio subreddit chats. The ones I'm aware of are ##audio, ##music, #audioengineering and #WeAreTheMusicMakers. #audioengineering and #WeAreTheMusicMakers seem to be more active than the other two but you have to say something to engage people in there, otherwise it's quite silent at times.

I did just make #kvr if anyone is interested in joining up. I'd love to see a more active music based chatroom. :)

Edit: I am ^Corbin^ on IRC.
On freenode?

Wouldn't hurt to explain to those who don't know how. Port 6666 weber.freenode.net etc.
There's computer apps and phone apps that act as IRC clients.

I'm in there. It's pretty dead.

might be due to the timeshifts, that some people sleep, while you were active Frantz..

It's also brand new.
Last edited by Mystic on Sat May 18, 2019 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

If you want to try this but don't know how to use IRC, there is an easy web chat client.

Go here: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23kvr&uio=d4

Pick a nickname, preferably the same as your KVR name. The channel is #kvr. Enter the CAPTCHA and click Connect. Then you're ready to chat.

Return to “Site Stuff”